GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ebay Scam?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/05/05 at 18:31
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
As some of you may be aware i'm selling a NEC 338 on ebay, and this morning i got an email saying:

HELLO SELLER, AM HIGHLY INTERESTED IN YOUR ITEM AND I WILL LIKE TO KNOW THE CONDITION OF IT AT HAND,I WANT TO BUY IT FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL IN NIGERIA AND I WILL BE OFFERING YOU £200 INCLUDING POSTAGE TO NIGERIA,I WILL PAYING YOU WITH INTERNATIONAL MONEY GRAM, I WANT YOU TO GIVE ME YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS SO THAT I CAN CONTINUE WITH THE PAYMENT,I WILL BE EXPECTING YOUR REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. REGARDS.

So i told them my contact details, and i got an email back from Money Gram Internationl saying something on the lines of:

Dear Daniel Leigh Reynolds ,

MoneyGram hereby congratulate you and at the same time informing you once again that the MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM sent to you from our client's (Mrs Mary Garbouf) has been Approved.
® Money Gram £200 .00,

Auction Item : Brand New NEC 338 Mobile phone (Video Phone)
Auction Number: 6396530263
Auction Site: http://www.Ebay.com
Order Number : #***2742011JU38***
This order has been approved, and will be send to the Seller's address in 3-5business days.You CAN NOW send the items to the buyer. Moreover the above ®Order Number will be ask before delivering the ®Money , you will also identify yourself with your ®driving licence or your ®Social security number.

So is it a scam?
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:16
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
cookie monster wrote:
> This order has been approved, and will be send to the Seller's
> address in 3-5business days.You CAN NOW send the items to the
> buyer.

>
> You think you've been paid so you send the item on it's merry way to
> Nigeria, but the money never turns up.

:o people acutally send the good's before they have the money in thier hands?

MADNESS!
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
This order has been approved, and will be send to the Seller's address in 3-5business days.You CAN NOW send the items to the buyer.

You think you've been paid so you send the item on it's merry way to Nigeria, but the money never turns up.
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:54
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
cookie monster wrote:
> Yep.

How do they expect to scam me though?
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:47
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yep.
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:31
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
As some of you may be aware i'm selling a NEC 338 on ebay, and this morning i got an email saying:

HELLO SELLER, AM HIGHLY INTERESTED IN YOUR ITEM AND I WILL LIKE TO KNOW THE CONDITION OF IT AT HAND,I WANT TO BUY IT FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL IN NIGERIA AND I WILL BE OFFERING YOU £200 INCLUDING POSTAGE TO NIGERIA,I WILL PAYING YOU WITH INTERNATIONAL MONEY GRAM, I WANT YOU TO GIVE ME YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS SO THAT I CAN CONTINUE WITH THE PAYMENT,I WILL BE EXPECTING YOUR REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. REGARDS.

So i told them my contact details, and i got an email back from Money Gram Internationl saying something on the lines of:

Dear Daniel Leigh Reynolds ,

MoneyGram hereby congratulate you and at the same time informing you once again that the MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM sent to you from our client's (Mrs Mary Garbouf) has been Approved.
® Money Gram £200 .00,

Auction Item : Brand New NEC 338 Mobile phone (Video Phone)
Auction Number: 6396530263
Auction Site: http://www.Ebay.com
Order Number : #***2742011JU38***
This order has been approved, and will be send to the Seller's address in 3-5business days.You CAN NOW send the items to the buyer. Moreover the above ®Order Number will be ask before delivering the ®Money , you will also identify yourself with your ®driving licence or your ®Social security number.

So is it a scam?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.