GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resi evil"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 2'.
Wed 03/11/04 at 14:06
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Just wondering if its worth getting resi evil 2 & code veronica on GC? I have played & completed both on playstation. Is there much difference?
Mon 08/11/04 at 14:47
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Dont think that I will bother.
Thu 04/11/04 at 17:54
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Well except for the improved cutscenes. There are improved cutscenes, but I'm not sure on what console they were improved for. Maybe they were already improved for the PS2 from the DC version. The cutscene where the plane crashes into the building in Antarctica is clearly updated from the rest of the game, as it doesn't fit in at all with the rest of the graphics. That bit is good, you can see their hair moving and stuff rather that it being completely fix. Also the bit where you're in that ice cutter and you cut through and water goes everywhere, part of that cutscene are improved. There are another couple improved bits in places but I can’t remember right now. Unfortunately the closing cutscene is not improved at all.
Thu 04/11/04 at 14:18
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
So they are the same as at the PS ones then?
Thu 04/11/04 at 12:56
Regular
Marcini wrote:
> But if you're just after it for extra bits added on from the PS2
> version then dont bother because the improved cutscenes are nothing
> special and last no more than 15 minutes throughout the game.

There is not improved cut scenes...

Don't talk daft.
Thu 04/11/04 at 12:46
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Nice one. I dont think that I will bother. Just wait for the new resi evil 4 to come out.
Thu 04/11/04 at 12:09
Regular
"Bow to me!"
But if you're just after it for extra bits added on from the PS2 version then dont bother because the improved cutscenes are nothing special and last no more than 15 minutes throughout the game.
Thu 04/11/04 at 12:07
Regular
"Bow to me!"
The graphics for Code Veronica on the GC are slightly improved from the PS2 version but only for about 4 long cutscenes. Other than that nothing has changed. Also, Resident Evil 2 on GC is no different at all to the original and the graphics can be pretty poor. Both Code Veronica and Resi 2 are around £15 or less now and it is the same price for both of the games on PS2. Code Veronica is by far the better game of the two, and the GC is the better console of the two, and since there is no price difference I would get Code Veronica on GC.
Thu 04/11/04 at 10:23
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
But is there any difference in the graphics & are they worth the cash??
Wed 03/11/04 at 16:57
Regular
The CV wesker report is dodgy and a special Gamecube version was released with the RE box set in Japan.

Code Veronica X is the same as the PS2 version and Resident Evil 2 is the same as the Dreamcast version.
Wed 03/11/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
The N64 version of Resi Evil 2 is sliiiiightly different, but the Cube version is the same as the PS1 version I think.

Also, you got the Wesker report with Code Veronica on PS2, was it on the game disk or seperate DVD? And do you get it with the Cube version?

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.