GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rogue Squardron 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/05/01 at 02:01
Regular
I saw some footage of this game on my friends E3 tape and it looks amazing ! :-)

One thing that had my attention straight away was the space battles. I loved playing the first game on the N64. It was good that even after completing levels, you could still try and earn better medals, trying to get Gold on all of them, along with earning things like extra levels and being able to control a TIE Intercepter and the Falcon of course ;-)

Of course the one thing lacking in it were the lack of space battles. All of the levels took place on planets. The nearest you got to a space battle was the trench run (one of the extra levels) but of course with no freedom to move around and have dogfights, this doesn't really count as a space battle.

Of course this new game has these levels now and as far as I've looked into it, the idea of gaining medals is going to still be in this game which is great and adds plenty of longevity to the game. Hopefully there will still be access to plenty of ships, hopefully with all the power of the Gamecube we may even be treated to ALL the ships we've seen in the films :-)

A scene i watched on the footage was a rebel fightr attacking a Star Destroyer - god what a wonderful sight ! In my opinion, Rogue Squadron offered the best experience in a Star Wars game because it was so good to play. The simulation type games such as X-Wing vs TIE Fighter were good, but I enjoyed controlling the ships in Rogue Squardron a lot more and I can't wait to play the sequel !

I'm already excited about it from the small things i've seen and i'll be watching for more news on this game very closely ! This could be the perfect Star Wars title everyones been waiting for :-)

If theres anything I could think of to add to the Rogue Squardron games, it would be to give players the chance to fight as the Empire too, using the different TIE Fighters and attacking Rebel cruisers ;-) Maybe with the chance of gaining Boba Fetts ship (Slave 1) as an extra ship ;-)

I suppose asking for a chance to control a Star Destroyer would be a bit much ;-)) Lets face it though, who wouldn't feel confident going into battle controlling one of those ! ;-)
Sun 03/06/01 at 14:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Wonder if there will be codes like in the first game to get access to ships such as the TIE Intercepter.

Really hope I can be a TIE Fighter though :-) It'll be great to attack a StarDestroyer too :-) Especially with the graphics - imagine what it'll be like to fly over one from front to back as you attempt to knock out its shield generators :-))

Another thing too which i haven't noticed in any footage yet which would be good to see in the game - a Super StarDestroyer ! Those things are huge ! :-) Now that would be an intimidating target to attack - but damn fun of course ;-)
Sun 03/06/01 at 14:14
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Sorry - just realised the Squadron spelling mistake
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:39
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I know the graphics look so smooth!!!!

By the way correct me if I'm wrong isnt an XBOX just a 700mhz PC without Word Processing, and Internet facilities and all the other stuff like Encarta, but only the part that plays games. So a good PC should be able to play XBOX games at the same speeds and quality...if the PC is at a good standard.
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Rouge Squadron 2 looks fab, and way better than the X-Box Starfighter thing - Which I bet was actualy a screenshot of a PC - It still looked poor compared to this.
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:09
Regular
I want Rogue Squardron 2! it must be like Rogue squadron 2!
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:06
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'll definatly be making a purchase on its release day ;-)
Sat 02/06/01 at 12:31
cool...I think that is going to be one of the best game out for GAMECUBE. Flying X-Wings, A-Wings, the lot. Soo much fun...
Fri 01/06/01 at 22:34
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Not saying i'd strictly wanna be the Empire, just saying it would be a nice option to have.

Really looking forward to controlling all those lovely Rebel fighters ;-))

But at the same time I'd love to fly a TIE Fighter ;-) I think that common basic model TIE is one of the best along with the Intercepter ;-)) God you can tell i'm like the Star Wars generation ;-)) Used to get all the toys when i was little. Anyone else collect them all those years ago ? If so, who else was annoyed that the TIE Fighter was one of the most common ships in the films and yet was one of the last toys to come out before the toys died down in popularity ? I was gutted myself ! Had Vader's ship and a TIE Intercepter, but it was ages before i got the usual one !

Anyway, enough drivvel, back to the game subject ;-))

But yeah - I want access to both sides :-)
Fri 01/06/01 at 22:22
Regular
I'm hoping for splitscreen and internet multiplayer this time round.

We could have massive battles?

You want to join the emperor as Tie fighters?

Fine then!

I'll take you all on in my X wing like a true Jedi!
Fri 01/06/01 at 19:49
From reading all of your responses, it seems clear that most of you are looking for giant space battles where you can controll whichever side takes your fancy and blast evrything within sight to oblivion!

Well, there is an existing solution!
Star Trek: Klingon Academy on the PC offers that kind of 'destroy evrything in sight' scenario, and there are Star Wars (not to mention Star Trek) mods avaliable on the internet (www.klingonacademy.com is the best). Infact theres tons of them. I've already got a TIE fighter and interceptor. I've seen the Super Star Destroyer avaliable and I know that the X-Wing and other rebel craft are in the pipeline. And it shouldn't be too long before some bright spark has the idea: Why not do the Death Star? (If, that is, thats not already happened).

Hmmm...Borg Cube vs Death Star, should be interesting!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.