GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rollercoaster tycoon 3 spec help.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rollercoaster Tycoon 3'.
Wed 03/11/04 at 14:56
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Hi all.

My pc is nearing it's 3rd birthday (this christmas). Never had any upgrades before but tried playing the demo of RTycoon 3 and it gives me an error. Im sure its the graphics.. or so my mate reckons.
So I guess I need to buy a new card. Now im totally usless with PC bits and bobs but all I want it a graphics card that will run RCT3 at a decent speed. Im not a big PC gamer at all so it doesnt have to be able to run Doom3 or HL2 or anything else BIG.
Just something that will work and is (quite) cheap.
Unless there will be an XBox version available?? Havent heard anything on that though.

Any ideas on a graphics card?

Thanks muchly..
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:39
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
I think it's done it with Tropico. But no problems with RCT2.
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:21
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Does your computer restart during other games? Assuming you play other games...
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:00
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Well, I was advised not to, but I'm almost willing to try anything to get this game working properly. Tried the final version of the patch with no success.
Fri 19/11/04 at 12:30
Regular
i wouldnt install service pack two unless you back up your whole computer.
i ended having to recover my whole system after installing that. its got some major bugs in.
Thu 18/11/04 at 21:58
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Maybe I should install Windows XP Service Pack 2...
Thu 18/11/04 at 21:44
Regular
Try to find THIS card.

Tyan Tachyon G9600 pro.

Excellent stuff. And besides being as cheap as the suggestions here, it'll run Doom 3 nicely and everything else.
Thu 18/11/04 at 19:43
Regular
There's a patch out soon check here for updates and such : [URL]http://www.uk.atari.com/third_party/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=701e797475e1b2357fb797697d1f827c&forumid=39[/URL]
Thu 18/11/04 at 16:46
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Help!
I have rollercoaster tycoon 3. It keeps restarting during the game. I've tried disabling Norton, getting a new driver and making sure there's no background programmes running, but it's still doing it. Anyone else having the same problem? What can I do now?
Thu 04/11/04 at 15:09
Regular
Erm Geforce 5200 is crap..
Wed 03/11/04 at 21:18
Regular
"I hate steam!"
Well I'd recommend a simple Geforce card. They're pretty cheap and still reliable. Get something like a geforce 4 or a Fx 5200. Its probably the best u'll get for a good price.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.