GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Last Day Of School..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 16:53
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
...has just passed.

To be honest, I'm not really a very emotional guy. Most things don't really bother me as such, and I've always got the view that what happens happens, and you can't change it, so don't let it get to you.

But today was different.

Seeing people for the very last time that you've known for 5 years isn't a great experience; it's genuinely upsetting. You go to say goodbye to someone you remember upsetting at some point, and it really hurts, it's weird, you suddenly want to make it right, but there's no time to.

The cool thing was the whole 'as one' feel. I've never seen so much love and friendship in one place. Boys and girls both in tears, some covered with egg and flour (you know how last days go), some just hugging people and refusing to let go. My torso is cloaked in goodbye messages, as is everyone's shirts, and everyone is together.

I know it all sounds a bit soppy realy, and it probably is, but it was just so unexpected. Even though I'll probably see half of my mates in the exams next week, it still felt awful saying goodbye to them.

There isn't really much else to say. Just thought I'd share the experience with you all. Heh, I can feel the tears welling as I write this, I kid you not.
Fri 20/05/05 at 16:53
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
...has just passed.

To be honest, I'm not really a very emotional guy. Most things don't really bother me as such, and I've always got the view that what happens happens, and you can't change it, so don't let it get to you.

But today was different.

Seeing people for the very last time that you've known for 5 years isn't a great experience; it's genuinely upsetting. You go to say goodbye to someone you remember upsetting at some point, and it really hurts, it's weird, you suddenly want to make it right, but there's no time to.

The cool thing was the whole 'as one' feel. I've never seen so much love and friendship in one place. Boys and girls both in tears, some covered with egg and flour (you know how last days go), some just hugging people and refusing to let go. My torso is cloaked in goodbye messages, as is everyone's shirts, and everyone is together.

I know it all sounds a bit soppy realy, and it probably is, but it was just so unexpected. Even though I'll probably see half of my mates in the exams next week, it still felt awful saying goodbye to them.

There isn't really much else to say. Just thought I'd share the experience with you all. Heh, I can feel the tears welling as I write this, I kid you not.
Fri 20/05/05 at 16:58
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Highly Excitable wrote:
> Boys and girls both in tears, some
> covered with egg and flour (you know how last days go), some just
> hugging people and refusing to let go.

Haha, this is quite amusing. Our last day had none of this soppy stuff, basically all that happened was there was a massive egg/flour/milk/beans/dogfood/banana/salmon/shavingfoam fight outside and the whole year was sent home early because we smelt so bad afterards.

I had an exam though, so I had to revise while all of this was going on. Fun fun fun.
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:03
Regular
"bot"
Highly Excitable wrote:
> Seeing people for the very last time that you've known for 5 years
> isn't a great experience; it's genuinely upsetting.

Pffft. I finished sixth form for good last week and I wasn't bothered at all.
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:08
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
phi11ip wrote:
>
> I had an exam though, so I had to revise while all of this was going
> on. Fun fun fun.

Yeah, unfortunately, whilst it's nice to leave school, GCSEs for the next month :-(

At least they don't mean anything :-p
Fri 20/05/05 at 18:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
When I finished Year 11, yeah, I was genuinely upset. Lots of people who I was going to miss, but a lot I'd still see in the 6th Form.

Over the last two years most of my closer friends have left 6th Form too, so when I leave at the end of next week I won't be so bothered.
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:08
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Ours was quite an amusing day, as it was a casual dress day most people had there shirts signed Thursday. There’re certain people I will miss that were school friends rather than people you would hang around with outside of school. Apart from that I couldn’t care less about everybody else, but the atmosphere for the leavers assembly was magnificent, much like yours.

As I rode my old bike to school that day, with the intentions of trashing it, we took it down to our local shop which we normally go to for lunch. We absolutely killed it but the owners phoned the police so we took of with what was left of the evidence and dumped it in a field.
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:10
Regular
"Captain to you."
I finished uni a week ago and it seemed a bit sudden, it was like oh right it's over, and we rented out a bar for the night and drank ourselves silly, will be strange not seeing alot of them again but to be honest the way uni was i was only in uni 10 hours tops a week.

School and college there was much more of a build up to the end of them and we good when they finished, but i knew with each of them i had something to go on to,

School-College-Uni

Now i am just looking to get a job in london and to hear back from a games company about work experience.
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:31
Regular
Finish Sixth Form next Friday.

Will be pretty wierd, but it'll be good.
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Aw bless.
And after college/uni, you'll be tossed into a world of bills, debt & trying to keep your head above water whilst everybody else tries to push you under. A world where exams & qualifications dont count for anything.
Fri 20/05/05 at 21:14
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'm not bothered about leaving. Sure, I've had a few decent times at school but I've had infinitely more bad ones. I know when I wake up and don't have to haul my ass out of bed on Monday morning to go to the one place that I hate most, that leaving school is nothing to feel bad about.

It doesn't really bother me that I'll never see a lot of the people again. I made a lot of acquaintances at school, but the only people I really want to see in the future are my closest friends. I've got a shirt full of signatures and messages to remember everyone else by.

And seeing Poopots (we go to the same school) wreck his bike was an awesome and hilarious way to end my school life.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.