GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Last Day Of School..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 16:53
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
...has just passed.

To be honest, I'm not really a very emotional guy. Most things don't really bother me as such, and I've always got the view that what happens happens, and you can't change it, so don't let it get to you.

But today was different.

Seeing people for the very last time that you've known for 5 years isn't a great experience; it's genuinely upsetting. You go to say goodbye to someone you remember upsetting at some point, and it really hurts, it's weird, you suddenly want to make it right, but there's no time to.

The cool thing was the whole 'as one' feel. I've never seen so much love and friendship in one place. Boys and girls both in tears, some covered with egg and flour (you know how last days go), some just hugging people and refusing to let go. My torso is cloaked in goodbye messages, as is everyone's shirts, and everyone is together.

I know it all sounds a bit soppy realy, and it probably is, but it was just so unexpected. Even though I'll probably see half of my mates in the exams next week, it still felt awful saying goodbye to them.

There isn't really much else to say. Just thought I'd share the experience with you all. Heh, I can feel the tears welling as I write this, I kid you not.
Sun 22/05/05 at 22:36
Regular
"thursdayton!"
My last day of Year 11 was kinda sad, but I knew I'd still see all my best mates outside of school and alot of people I knew were going to the Sixth Form there.

Then my last day of Year 13 was.. even less sad really. I'll still see all my best mates outside of school and alot of the people I knew from Sixth Form I can't be bothered to keep in touch with.
Sun 22/05/05 at 15:20
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I have my last day on Tuesday... it's going to be odd, that's for sure. It's not like it was back in Year 11, as the majority of my friends were staying on for Sixth Form... now we're all leaving. Oh, and only one person from my year has taken the same Uni as my for their First Choice.

Great... :/
Sun 22/05/05 at 13:50
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
after using a catapult to fire a water balloon 70m and hit a kid in the legs i laughed. i then realised that after the exams, and the ball and results day i would never see some of these guys again. i was also rather emotional.

i overcame this by firing another balloon and starting a water fight. although technically our last day is monday, where we get "coffee with teachers"
Sun 22/05/05 at 11:42
Regular
"You've upset me"
Tis my last day at the end of next week (fantastic idea to start study leave after the exams start), and to be honest I'll be sad to leave but won't really care that much. It seems that unlike a lot of people (on here anyway), I've had a rather different schooling experience in that I actually quite enjoyed it. I'll be sad to leave the friends I've made over the last 5 years, but a lot of them will be going to the same 6th Form as me next year, so it won't be too difficult to keep in touch and, besides, we've got the whole summer to waste together. More than anything really I just feel ready to leave, it's been a good 5 years but I'm simply slightly bored of doing the same routine and seeing the same people everyday. Just time to grow up I suppose.

So, anyway... um... yeah, I doubt my last day'll be much like that. Just a few goodbye's (possibly a few apologies) then home to start revising for some of the most meaningless exams I'll ever sit. There's not even anything riding on them, all I need are B's in both English's and Maths, the rest are inconsequential...
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:37
Regular
"lol"
I have a year till i leave and i feel the same way as you Highly Excitable. I didn't start talking to the girls till really late on in school and i feel i have missed out on sooo much. I have a last year to make an impact and your story has made me think about my school life. Well done Highly Excitable, good luck.
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:20
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
gr13ve wrote:
> It was basically a week skive from school. We went and stayed, getting
> very small lectures in some of the more popular courses. Night time
> was the best though, going out to the pool hall with a strict ban on
> drink... not that anyone obeyed that rule.

Glad to hear it. Those kind of rules were made specifically to break. Sounds quite entertaining. I'm really looking forward to uni now. Edinburgh sounds like a lot of fun.
Sat 21/05/05 at 16:32
Regular
"hulagadoo"
It was basically a week skive from school. We went and stayed, getting very small lectures in some of the more popular courses. Night time was the best though, going out to the pool hall with a strict ban on drink... not that anyone obeyed that rule.
Sat 21/05/05 at 15:00
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
gr13ve wrote:
> Dispute... did you visit Edinburgh uni earlier in the year like we
> did, lasted a week just to give you a taster of it.

Nay I did not. Sounds kinda cool. What was it like?
Sat 21/05/05 at 14:34
Regular
CDouch wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> Aw bless.
> And after college/uni, you'll be tossed into a world of bills, debt
> & trying to keep your head above water whilst everybody else
> tries to push you under. A world where exams & qualifications
> dont count for anything.
>
> You're going to be one fine teacher.
>
> But you do speak the thruth, it's cruel, and no one cares.

Sure, except while you're *getting* the job that'll pay your bills and keep your head above water.
Although GCSEs might not be the most important of exams or qualifications.

I remember leaving 6th form. I felt quite sad at the time, but as a friend said, for all the smiles and tears, nobody really gave a damn.
You keep a couple of good friends, the rest are just faces in the past.
Sat 21/05/05 at 14:07
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
i was happy to leave high school, i hated nearly everyone there they were all backstabing gits. i leave college nxt week and i'm gonna miss it :-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.