GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scottish Uni Going People - SAAS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 21:49
Regular
Someone explain all this to me, because I don't get it.

So they'll pay my tuition fees for me?
But, isn't that the only fee I need to pay?
So erm, what?

I don't get it.

As you can probably see, I'm not very knowledgable about uni fees.
Fri 20/05/05 at 10:58
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
It's not the tuition fees you've got to pay back. You have to pay a £2000ish endowment thing that goes to SAAS to go into bursaries. I quite like the Scottish system, kinda harsh on English people coming up north though. We have all this extra money for pub. :-)
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:05
Regular
Aha, I haven't got the scholarship yet, but if I do, it's because I'm so utterly fantastic, not because I'm a jammy git.

I should fill it out anyway, you need to renew it annually, yes?
I could just not renew it if I get it, then I only have to pay back 1 years worth of stuff, which the scholarship would cover anyway.

Hopefully.

Whatever.

Gah. Forms suck.
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Haha

Do you know, I'm not sure.
You still need to pay back the tuition fee too... they're not used to jammy little gits getting 8 grand.

My mate gets a thousand a year from his dad's work.
Thu 19/05/05 at 21:55
Regular
Oh, and I've been told I only have to pay back the student loan, but they pay for the tuition fees anyway?

It's all totally "eh?" to me.

Do I need to pay back the tuition fee too?

If I do, then there's no point in it, because I could probably scrape the funds together even if I don't get a scholarship.
Thu 19/05/05 at 21:53
Regular
I see.

Can I pay it back before I start earning lots?

I've applied for a scholarship through my dads work, which will give me 8k a year or something if I get it, so there's no real point in paying it back years later, surely?

I hate filling out forms.
Thu 19/05/05 at 21:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You need to pay it back when you're earning over £10,000 or whatever but only a few quid a month until you die.

Fill out the forms and you won't need to pay anything really just now. Plus, they'll give you a loan for books/travel etc

Pretty nice deal
Thu 19/05/05 at 21:49
Regular
Someone explain all this to me, because I don't get it.

So they'll pay my tuition fees for me?
But, isn't that the only fee I need to pay?
So erm, what?

I don't get it.

As you can probably see, I'm not very knowledgable about uni fees.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.