GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killzone 2 trailer (you HAVE to see this)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/05/05 at 16:24
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/cgi/gumclik.html?id=14396&p=1028[/URL]

Hands down the most impressive in-game footage I've ever seen in my life. Fair enough, a lot of it is probably scripted but it's literally jaw-dropping. The original Killzone looked awful, but if this can keep up this level of intensity all the way through then I'll buy a console just for it alone.

Xbox 360 suddenly looks very ordinary.
Wed 18/05/05 at 14:07
A brief, rushed sentence with a typo or two can make all the difference.
Wed 18/05/05 at 13:49
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> As I understand it, the scene was rendered using the Cell alone,
> rather than the system's actual graphics chip, which is very
> impressive since it means it must have been software-emulating
> graphics technology on the CPU.

Funny when you write what Slice generally wrote no-one questions it.

I'm sorry Memo take the knife away from my neck please
Wed 18/05/05 at 12:20
Regular
"es argh"
More stuff, meh.

"Mark Rein from Epic posted on VE3D that the only things at the Sony presser running real-time were the tech demos, the UE3 demo, and some of the EA games. He did go on to say that the other videos looked achievable on final hardware though."
Wed 18/05/05 at 08:16
Yes, course it was. Since when do Square make an entire in game engine and show *that* off in their showcase?

It's disappointing that it's not in-game, even in-engine footage. IN the words of a seasoned professional, "It is possible. But with that sort of detail, pre-scripted or not, it would take at least 10 years if the quality of detail was seen throughout."
Wed 18/05/05 at 08:12
Regular
There's no denying that the FFVII tech demo was beautiful though, but could that have been pre-rendered too?
Wed 18/05/05 at 08:12
Regular
Well, at least Sony succeeded in pishing on Microsoft's fire for a while.

I guess we're going to see a hell of a lot more 'in-game' shots during E3. Looks like we'll just have to wait for the real stuff to emerge.
Wed 18/05/05 at 08:07
Regular
"Mozzy"
:( :( :( :(
Wed 18/05/05 at 01:20
Regular
"es argh"
This was said over at IGN or something

"It's not in-game.

It's not the engine.

It's not even in real-time!

It's all pre-rendered.

A UK studio did the effects work on it. Seriously, the whole thing was made up."

Oh dear.
Tue 17/05/05 at 20:40
Regular
"Mozzy"
This makes me want to play Killzone, regardless if everyone says it doesn't live up to it's hype.
Tue 17/05/05 at 20:34
Regular
"bot"
As I understand it, the scene was rendered using the Cell alone, rather than the system's actual graphics chip, which is very impressive since it means it must have been software-emulating graphics technology on the CPU.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.