GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS 2 PRICEING IN THE UK ? ? ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/07/00 at 10:53
Regular
Anyone shed any light on the price?

On the respected games site ps2.ign.com, their PS2 FAQ says that the Europe PS2 will be priced at whatever the current exchange rate for dollars is. Now, this apparently isn`t rumor but FACT. This means we`ll get the playstation 2 for 200 quid !!!!!

I dont know if i believe this - but as soon as someone confirms or dimisses this info my decision on whether to pre-order will be made !!!!

Anyone ? ?
Fri 21/07/00 at 20:31
Too much whatever. I can get a DVD player for £120 and I've got the best games console iin the world at the moment anyway.
Fri 21/07/00 at 19:53
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Let's be realistic, I mean, if you invest in a PS2 you obviously want a couple of games to play on it right? So, let's see, we have £300 for the console, £30 for a memory card (remember it's 8Mb), £100 for two games and £30 for an extra controller. Oh, and not forgetting the people who don't have a DVD player, who may invest in a couple of movies too, which are £20 a go.

...and the final amount is *drum roll* £500 *cymbal crash*

Hmmmm, not bad for a good piece of hardware, but that's all it is at the moment, is a good piece of hardware.

Thoughts?
Fri 21/07/00 at 19:30
SOME SAY 200 OR 250 I'VE HEARD FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE IT'LL BE 300 NOTES,IF IT'S LESS THEN ALL THE BETTER FOR ME.PRE ORDER NOW IF YOU WANT THE PS2 BEFORE CHRISTMAS AS THERES ONLY 250 THOUSAND DESTINED FOR THESE SHORES IN OCTOBER AND A FURTHER MILLION OR SO BY CHRISTMAS(THATS FOR SHOP RETAILS)IT SHOULD NOT EFFECT PRE ORDER AS THAT WILL BE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.
Fri 21/07/00 at 10:53
Anyone shed any light on the price?

On the respected games site ps2.ign.com, their PS2 FAQ says that the Europe PS2 will be priced at whatever the current exchange rate for dollars is. Now, this apparently isn`t rumor but FACT. This means we`ll get the playstation 2 for 200 quid !!!!!

I dont know if i believe this - but as soon as someone confirms or dimisses this info my decision on whether to pre-order will be made !!!!

Anyone ? ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.