GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Ukulele and I"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/05/05 at 16:12
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
...absolutely rock. Has anyone else caught onto this instrument which I am told is in fashion? Isn't it wonderful? Are there any good tunes out there? I got a pineapple one, cedarwood, for £30. I've done nothing but play it all weekend and I've found that I rock so hard. I may drop my dreams of academic study to be a virtuoso. Your thought
Wed 18/05/05 at 20:42
Regular
in grade school if you could play "wipe out" really fast on the ukulele, you were IT i sucked

how funny that it's some kind of IN thing now...
Wed 18/05/05 at 17:44
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> George Formby is an absolute legend.

The most true-est thing anyone hath ever said.
Tue 17/05/05 at 12:05
Regular
"you've got a beard"
banjos > ukes

you can't duel with ukeleles.
Tue 17/05/05 at 04:47
Regular
You know, the ukulele was brought to the Hawaiian Islands by the Portuguese back in the day when they migrated to work on the pineapple farms. It's a beautiful instrument, especially if you can get one in Koa wood from the Islands. It certainly jams.

But, I don't recommend it played between nuptials at the alter..no. My ex's sister had a singing pastor perform her wedding and right in the middle of it all, he busts into a tune with the ukulele! Yikes! I had to excuse myself quickly, because I almost wet my pants trying to contain myself from laughing my ass off.
Mon 16/05/05 at 16:54
Regular
"tokyo police club"
George Formby is an absolute legend.
Mon 16/05/05 at 16:46
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
George Fornby...Brutal and malicious, an insult to the Uke. The rock in the same way that many things rock, not directly from being rock instruments.
Mon 16/05/05 at 16:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Unless you can plug it into a stack, with a nice overdrive pedal on it, it's not rock.

More "damp, mossy patch" than rock.
Mon 16/05/05 at 16:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
every time I hear one I think of George Fornby, and that's enought to put me off them for life. He's not the be all and end all, but I they're under the same group as Banjos.

Unlistenable IMHO.
Mon 16/05/05 at 16:12
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
...absolutely rock. Has anyone else caught onto this instrument which I am told is in fashion? Isn't it wonderful? Are there any good tunes out there? I got a pineapple one, cedarwood, for £30. I've done nothing but play it all weekend and I've found that I rock so hard. I may drop my dreams of academic study to be a virtuoso. Your thought

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.