GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forest Fan's Perfect Partner"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/05/05 at 15:07
Regular
Bit of a light-hearted attempt at humour.

My brother runs a web forum and some girl has decided to join doing exactly the same thing as Forest Fan did when he started here...

Ofcourse, they don't yet realise that it is all preaching just yet.

I wonder if she'll grow to be a better person over time like Forest Fan did?

[URL]http://www.black0ps.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1150[/URL] if anyone is interested...
Mon 16/05/05 at 00:14
Regular
See that's the attitude you ought to have.
You admit you don't full know the facts but you still don't take mine for granted. :-)

Like you say though, too many people get caught up in this God Vs Science thing. Science can't prove or disprove God, just merely tell what is, and if you believe then God did it like that. I think that Genesis is fairly accurate in principle, the way it got everything in order. Just simplified for the minds of Moses time.

Some Christians take it as solid fact and use "scientific facts" to try and back it up, when most of the time the best they can do is take random things out of context, and accuse anyone who disagrees with them as having been brainwashed by schools in an attempt to smother Christianity.

The wiser, more experienced Christians will be ready to point out flaws in evolution and show you that it's not quite as foolproof as people make out, but they won't carry on to pretend that they know more about science than the majority of leading scientists today.

They say things like " makes me believe that there must be a creator out there to have designed this", which is fine because they have their own take on it (as we all do) without being so arrogant to think that they have THE take, that they know THE truth, that THEY have give right and that YOU have it wrong.

You can tell how fresh a Christian is to the faith by how blindly zealous and preachy they are. More experienced ones stick to luring you in by being all nice and hospitible (the amount of free food these Christians have given me... :-O) and happy and content with their lives until the point that you have to understand where it's all coming from... and then you get sucked in...

Arrogant preaching gets nowhere as it just winds people up and puts them off even thinking about it.
Sun 15/05/05 at 22:42
"period drama"
Bah, you're no Forest Fan.
Must try harder.

Goddamn sensible Christians.
Sun 15/05/05 at 22:41
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
Too damn right.
Sun 15/05/05 at 22:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
There are facts to back it up with, but facts aren't the most important part of my faith.

Genesis is, in my view, a simple way of explaining the Creation of the Universe. I don't think it should be taken 100% literally, BUT I think to be a Christian you should believe in the general idea. After all, who are we to describe how God made the World? I'm sure it's something that's far beyond our comprehension.

Who knows, maybe God implemented the Big Bang, or something along those lines. We'll probably never know, but even if someone did say they had proof that the Creation theory was wrong, I would still believe in God. The relationship with God comes before facts, which is why I'm not so great at the religion vs science arguments...religion is much more personal.

Doesn't mean I don't join in though. :D
Sun 15/05/05 at 20:37
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Well actually, there is a pretty strong argument for that,
> because...
>
> No. We won't go into it.

Not really...
There's plenty of arguments that show that the theory of evolution isn't as solid as people make it out to be, but the arguments that follow on to put "creationism" in the same league are even more flawed than the flaws in evolution they like to point at.

Another thing is I've never met a creationist who isn't a Christian.
Which means it looks to me like they choose their science based on what the Bible says and then look for the "facts" to back it up.

But I might be wrong on some of these things... :-)
Sun 15/05/05 at 20:14
"period drama"
Aye, go on, I was starting to get withdrawl symptoms here.
Sun 15/05/05 at 20:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I think after FF started on about how man and dinosaurs all ate plants
> happily together in the Garden of Eden, he did himself a huge favour
> and left.

Well actually, there is a pretty strong argument for that, because...

No. We won't go into it.
Sun 15/05/05 at 19:16
Regular
Hehe, I forgot about that bit about the dinosaurs and humans living peacefully together.

Dinosaurs were really the size of sheep?

I'm guessing he never visited a museum...
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Light wrote:
> Think of how many experiments could be done on that spawn; thousands
> of bunnies would be saved from a cruel death.

Make. Them. Smoke, MAKETHEMSMOKE!!!!!!!

The world would be a better place.
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I think after FF started on about how man and dinosaurs all ate plants
> happily together in the Garden of Eden, he did himself a huge favour
> and left.

But they were all the size of sheep. How couldn't it be true? Damn, I miss him, and the teeth grinding arguments put forward...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.