GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let's all write a story...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/05/05 at 19:17
Regular
Okay here goes...

No doubt you've all done something like this before, be it at school, at a (rather boring) party or down the boozer with your drunken mates, and I thought it might be fun to try it on here.

The idea is that we write some sort of story which almost always turns out to be bizarre, funny, sick, surreal, crazy, whatever. Each user gets two words at a time which follow on from the previous words and cannot post another two words until somebody else has followed on from theirs. Confused yet?

For example, say I started it off by typing my words: One day

Then a user called Bob, for example might follow up by typing: a man

This is then continued by another user and it goes on and on.

The rules:
A user cannot follow up their own words because that's just pointless.
No more than two words posted at a time.
Can we have the story words posted in bold, please. That way we can tell what is story and what is discussion. Also, feel free to include any grammar where appropriate.

Oh, and I will update the story in continuous text by editing this post. I'll start:

It was
Fri 13/05/05 at 19:21
Regular
Hoju wrote:
> Finished.

Well that's that over then.

Back to the drawing board for me.
Fri 13/05/05 at 19:20
Regular
[B] Finished. [B]
Fri 13/05/05 at 19:19
Regular
"0228"
Hoju wrote:
> finished.

In bold Hoju.
Fri 13/05/05 at 19:18
Regular
Hoju wrote:
> finished.

Hmm...

How did I guess someone was going to type something like that?

:-D
Regular
finished.
Regular
Okay here goes...

No doubt you've all done something like this before, be it at school, at a (rather boring) party or down the boozer with your drunken mates, and I thought it might be fun to try it on here.

The idea is that we write some sort of story which almost always turns out to be bizarre, funny, sick, surreal, crazy, whatever. Each user gets two words at a time which follow on from the previous words and cannot post another two words until somebody else has followed on from theirs. Confused yet?

For example, say I started it off by typing my words: One day

Then a user called Bob, for example might follow up by typing: a man

This is then continued by another user and it goes on and on.

The rules:
A user cannot follow up their own words because that's just pointless.
No more than two words posted at a time.
Can we have the story words posted in bold, please. That way we can tell what is story and what is discussion. Also, feel free to include any grammar where appropriate.

Oh, and I will update the story in continuous text by editing this post. I'll start:

It was

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.