GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FREEOLA: Portugal ISP advice needed."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/05/05 at 09:23
Regular
Hello -

I have a client who is in the process of getting freeola broadband for their main connection in the UK but also wants to be able to use his laptop on the move. For the UK this is solved by connecting via freeola dialup, but he also wants to be able to connect from Portugal.

The only options I can see are using a freeola dialup connection making an international call (expensive but should work) or finding an ISP in Portugal (which may not work for his freeola emails).

Any advice would be welcomed, if anyone knows of a decent pay-as-you-go (via the phone bill) ISP in Portugal that would be good. Searching on Google keeps returning providers that want your credit card as their services require you to pay for the call as well as internet connection - a bit like the UK was 10 years ago.

Thanks in advance.
Fri 13/05/05 at 09:23
Regular
Hello -

I have a client who is in the process of getting freeola broadband for their main connection in the UK but also wants to be able to use his laptop on the move. For the UK this is solved by connecting via freeola dialup, but he also wants to be able to connect from Portugal.

The only options I can see are using a freeola dialup connection making an international call (expensive but should work) or finding an ISP in Portugal (which may not work for his freeola emails).

Any advice would be welcomed, if anyone knows of a decent pay-as-you-go (via the phone bill) ISP in Portugal that would be good. Searching on Google keeps returning providers that want your credit card as their services require you to pay for the call as well as internet connection - a bit like the UK was 10 years ago.

Thanks in advance.
Fri 13/05/05 at 10:07
Regular
"NULL"
I seem to recall that Freeola won't work from International calls because of number tracing, but I could be wrong.

I did find an ISP for Spain - think they might do Portugal as well. I'll try and dig out the details.
Fri 13/05/05 at 10:56
Regular
Thanks Nimco.
Fri 13/05/05 at 11:38
Regular
"NULL"
[URL]http://www.gonuts4free.com/[/URL]

That was the one I was thinking of, but it doesn't look as though it works in Portugal as well.

I have a relative who lives in Portgual, and if I get to speak to him soon, I'll see if he has any ideas.
Fri 13/05/05 at 17:39
Regular
Nimco wrote:
> I have a relative who lives in Portgual, and if I get to speak to him
> soon, I'll see if he has any ideas.

If he's going to be able to help, perhaps you could email him ? Or can't he get connected :¬)

I appreciate your feedback Nimco.

I wrote to freeola and they said it should be ok as long as the phone company allows 0871 numbers to be dialed!? I replied asking if they meant 0845 (for their dialup service) and that's the last I've heard...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.