GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why is there no Street Fighter 2 style game on the PC?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/05 at 17:02
Regular
"....."
Or have I missed something? I’m playing Street Fighter 2 arcade version on my PC at the moment and although the graphics have aged (1991/92), the game-play or lastability is better then most.

Why is there no game like this on the PC, only with Half Life 2 style graphics?

1on1 combat with the ability of 2 player. It would be a winner.

Have I missed the reason why? Is there a reason why game developers haven’t been there?
Thu 12/05/05 at 21:26
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Virtua fighter 1 and 2 on PC were quite good at the time...

You can pick them up really cheaply, worth a try.
Thu 12/05/05 at 17:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I guess the PC just isn't really a sociable machine. A console in the living room with a tornament with your mates is the only way to play fighting games. Single player just loses appeal quickly.

If it was profitable, it would have been developed. There was a one on one beat em up featured on Blues News in the last two days. It looks awful.
Thu 12/05/05 at 17:02
Regular
"....."
Or have I missed something? I’m playing Street Fighter 2 arcade version on my PC at the moment and although the graphics have aged (1991/92), the game-play or lastability is better then most.

Why is there no game like this on the PC, only with Half Life 2 style graphics?

1on1 combat with the ability of 2 player. It would be a winner.

Have I missed the reason why? Is there a reason why game developers haven’t been there?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.