GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"new laptop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/05/05 at 09:20
Regular
"-"
IRIDIUM S870 *GAMER*
P4 3400MHZ, DVDRW, RADEON 9700 PRO

Anyone know when this will be in stock and how good it is compared to other ones at the same price?
Thu 12/05/05 at 19:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'd suggest getting a Pentium M processor rather than a P4. Their clock speed is a bit misleading as they are faster than the equivalent P4 model, but they are optimised for laptops so they won't melt your computer or buzz like a beast. Remember that P4s are designed to be put in big cases, not stuffed into tiny spaces with no airflow, so you'll lose quite a bit of performance. I've only heard bad things about P4 laptops.
Wed 11/05/05 at 19:25
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ok, while surfing the net:

Fan on for 50 seconds, fan off for 2min 30.

Repeat as required.
Wed 11/05/05 at 19:10
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
To be fair, any laptop becomes ridiculously noisy when playing games. It's how much the fan comes on during 'normal' use that you want to look at.
Wed 11/05/05 at 13:53
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Hmmm, I've got an Iridium and although it's great in terms of power, it's not the best if you're looking at portability or quiteness. Whereas it's silent at the moment when I'm only sufing the net, when I play games the fan comes on and although it's not that noisy, it's still noisier than most laptops.
Wed 11/05/05 at 09:20
Regular
"-"
IRIDIUM S870 *GAMER*
P4 3400MHZ, DVDRW, RADEON 9700 PRO

Anyone know when this will be in stock and how good it is compared to other ones at the same price?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.