GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anti-PSX 2 people"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/07/00 at 16:49
Regular
Tsk,tsk.....do some of u people SERIOUSLY believe that the Dreamcast is going to win ? ? ?

It is rapidly failing already ! Any killer games yet ? Not really. Can u REALLY see Sony messing this one up ? They have FAR,FAR 2 much financial clout - THEY WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN. The public are generally weak and easily swayed and the Sony P.R. machine are just too experienced. Sega is the small fish now - it`s fighting to survive, if they are lucky, their next console will be their last

All this news about the PS2 being "hard to program" was the most exciting games news i`d heard for a while - because the biggest rewards are gained from the hardest work. Its almost as if Sony made the machine difficult to program on purpose in order to make the machine get better and better and reach maturity over time And its gonna work - just look at the difference between 1st gen PS1 games and GT2 and Vagrant Story.

I just KNOW Sony will get it right.
Thu 03/08/00 at 22:24
The PS2 couldn't sell well regardless of consumer demand. Sony are only allocating 200,000 PS2s to the UK up until the end of January. There are already more Dreamcasts in British people's households than that.

Once Sony can muster up more PS2s, the hype will have died down and Sega will face off against Sony on equal ground, much as they did against Nintendo back in the 16bit era. I still think the PS2 will pentrate into more people's homes, but the Dreamcast will have better games so I'm not too bothered. Think how cool it would have been to own an N64 if it had been as successful as the PlayStation.

If you still prefer the PS2, then maybe the PS2 is right for you. I hear Fifa 2001 is revolutionary, as are the other launch *sequels*.

qaz wrote:
> Tsk,tsk.....do some of u people SERIOUSLY believe that the
> Dreamcast is going to win ? ? ?
>
> It is rapidly failing already ! Any killer games yet ? Not really.
> Can u REALLY see Sony messing this one up ? They have FAR,FAR 2
> much financial clout - THEY WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN. The public are
> generally weak and easily swayed and the Sony P.R. machine are
> just too experienced. Sega is the small fish now - it`s fighting
> to survive, if they are lucky, their next console will be their last
>
> All this news about the PS2 being "hard to program" was the most
> exciting games news i`d heard for a while - because the biggest
> rewards are gained from the hardest work. Its almost as if Sony
> made the machine difficult to program on purpose in order to make
> the machine get better and better and reach maturity over time And
> its gonna work - just look at the difference between 1st gen PS1
> games and GT2 and Vagrant Story.
>
> I just KNOW Sony will get it right.
Mon 24/07/00 at 18:48
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
>It is rapidly failing already! Any killer games yet? Not really.

Oh come on! What's Soul Calibur then? Samba De Amigo, Crazy Taxi, Dead Or Alive 2, Shenmue, Virtua Tennis, Ferrari F355 Challenge, Grandia 2. I suppose these are mediocre titles?

>All this news about the PS2 being "hard to program" was the most >exciting games news i`d heard for a while - because the biggest >rewards are gained from the hardest work. Its almost as if Sony made >the machine difficult to program on purpose in order to make the >machine get better and better and reach maturity over time And its >gonna work

Hmmm, you may be right about the rewards hard work can bring, but I think your comments on making 'the machine difficult to program on purpose in order to make the machine get better and better' is tosh! I mean, why would Sony install an inferior amount of VRAM to that of the Dreamcast? Why would they make it so difficult to utilise the anti-aliasing function? Why didn't they include any library tools for the developers to work with, like they did with the original PSX? Developers loved the PSX cause' it was easy to program for, some have rated the PS2 harder to program for than the ill fated Saturn.
Mon 24/07/00 at 18:28
I have to agree with you whole heartedly on this one,already Sony have made 1.4 million sales of the PS2 in Japan,if you compare that to the 150,000 sales of the PSX the same time five years ago it doesn't take much to work out just how successful the PS2 will be and indeed already is!Sony also know the competition and the market in which they sell their goods all to well and it is a fool who can't see this.It's a massive set up somthing you and I can't even begin to imagine in our wildest dreams,o.k lets say by some chance the PS2 does fail,what do you think Sony will do sit there and say OH!dear what a mess lets give up now?No I don't think so,the first thing they'll do is analyse what went wrong and just do it better!!So all you people hoping the PS2 will fail think again because next time you will be wishing the PS2 hadn't done so badly.
Oh I one thing though I hope Sega don't dissapear from the gaming scene,that goes for all the other companys,as that would be a sad day for us all and can only mean higher prices because of there being no competition,anyway as I've said before who wants to be in a one horse race,not me thats boring boring boriiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggg!!ARTY.
Mon 24/07/00 at 16:49
Tsk,tsk.....do some of u people SERIOUSLY believe that the Dreamcast is going to win ? ? ?

It is rapidly failing already ! Any killer games yet ? Not really. Can u REALLY see Sony messing this one up ? They have FAR,FAR 2 much financial clout - THEY WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN. The public are generally weak and easily swayed and the Sony P.R. machine are just too experienced. Sega is the small fish now - it`s fighting to survive, if they are lucky, their next console will be their last

All this news about the PS2 being "hard to program" was the most exciting games news i`d heard for a while - because the biggest rewards are gained from the hardest work. Its almost as if Sony made the machine difficult to program on purpose in order to make the machine get better and better and reach maturity over time And its gonna work - just look at the difference between 1st gen PS1 games and GT2 and Vagrant Story.

I just KNOW Sony will get it right.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.