GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me a printer?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/05/05 at 10:42
Regular
I'm after a new printer. It will be used mainly for printing photo's. Mostly 6x4 but some A4 ones will be done no doubt.

Anyone got any recommendations? I don't need it to have a scanner or photocopier, but I do want it to replace my existing printer, so it will still need to do normal A4 stuff as well.

Cheers!
Sun 15/05/05 at 19:48
Regular
"Digging!"
cookie monster wrote:
> Allred wrote:
> No, don't buy and Epson, it'll break after a year of having it!
>
> I guess you had bad lack, this one has been running for years.

I didn't buy them, my old school did, and about 4 out of 10 broke in a year, so they just got a laser.
Sun 15/05/05 at 12:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Allred wrote:
> No, don't buy and Epson, it'll break after a year of having it!

I guess you had bad lack, this one has been running for years.
Sun 15/05/05 at 12:56
"Was the man of marz"
HP's are good but can be a tad expensive. I would go for a canon and avoid epsons, especially the one reccomended by da staffie, as thats nearly £30 more than oter retailers. The SR-mark up strikes again
Sat 14/05/05 at 21:14
Regular
"Digging!"
No, don't buy and Epson, it'll break after a year of having it!

HP or Canon.
Wed 11/05/05 at 13:45
Regular
Ok, thanks very much everyone.
Tue 10/05/05 at 20:13
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive always wondered how you print on printable DVD's. Ive got a pack of them, but have to write on them with a pen.

As for printeer recomendations... Ive got an Epson Stylus C62, not designed for photos mind. Its kind of unpredictable. When its having a good day it will print really well, even photos. But when its having an off day it can do some shody printing and occasionaly does text below parr. My one word review of Epson:- Unreliable. Oh, and the whole menu system installed in Spanish too. Which was probably my fault, but its still a bad point.
Id get a new printer myself but Ive got enough spare ink cartridges to last me for another year at least.
Tue 10/05/05 at 19:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Epson stylus photo 950 is ace. You can also print onto printable dvd's with it, very useful if you like that sort of thing.
Tue 10/05/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Pwned"
Lol, it just so happens that SR sell that printer...
Tue 10/05/05 at 18:36
Regular
Purely in terms of picture quality [URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/Epson_PictureMate_2507_r.html[/URL] is regarding quite highly.
Tue 10/05/05 at 16:46
Regular
"Pwned"
Cannon would be the best bet as they specailise in photography.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.