GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA advertising"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Sat 06/11/04 at 11:45
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Rockstar and co are certainly doing the buisness there arent they? Countless adverts on tv, in the mags, all the game shops windows in town, and then, driving home from Uni in Sheffield yesterday, in the space of a mile I saw 3 huge billboards on the sides of buildings advertising the game.

Its obvious they spent alot of money on the advertising, but did they really need to? Sure they needed to, to some extent, but i think most of the gaming world knew the game was coming out, and those that didnt would more than likely have been told. Its being shoved in our faces though more than EA do with Fifa, and they give a good go at brainwashing us to buy that.

And getting the rights to the Guns N' Roses song 'Welcome to the Jungle' for the TV ad wasnt cheap I bet.

And I still dont have the game...
Wed 17/11/04 at 00:25
Regular
Nice to hear Jane's Addiction on Radio X, too :0D
Tue 16/11/04 at 22:43
Regular
"essexgeeza"
that song wasnt in vc, i know that much.
Mon 08/11/04 at 17:03
Regular
"boom boom click"
stone roses, Fools Gold!!! That rocks
Sun 07/11/04 at 23:30
Regular
Yeah I heard the Song playing SA today, was a nice surprise.

It fits the game perfectly.
Sun 07/11/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Bicycle"
But it is in SA.

Radio X.

You're right about it not being in VC though...
Sun 07/11/04 at 16:32
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Im a Rose's fan too (bought the Velvet Revolver album aswell
> recently), cant remember it being in VC though, yet i havent played
> it for a while.

No. It isn't in the game. It's just the advertising for it. Like SA.
Sun 07/11/04 at 16:27
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
I know what you mean though, it is everywhere, i don't have a copy yet either, it was sold out but i've ordered it.

It is everywhere but i still think some companies do it out of their own will, like putting posters up themselves etc...

The thing is, i think you have to advertise games like this, some people want to see adverts and stuff before deciding.
Sat 06/11/04 at 12:08
Regular
Im a Rose's fan too (bought the Velvet Revolver album aswell recently), cant remember it being in VC though, yet i havent played it for a while.
Sat 06/11/04 at 12:02
Regular
"The Red Shift"
YOU FREAK! G 'n R own. Especially Paradise City and Sweet Child of Mine, etc.

Yeah, it was the advert, not in the game.
Sat 06/11/04 at 11:59
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Clazon wrote:
> *Also They already had "Welcome to the Jungle" for VC I
> think.

Yeah, thats what I thought. I'm not a fan of that kinda music but I dont actually remember listening to it on VC Radio though, wasn't it on a TV advert?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.