GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/05/05 at 08:25
Regular
If I partion one of my hard disks and installed windows XP on it with a veiw to then installing photoshop CS how would I go about making XP work on the partion? I currently use windows 98 SE and think its fine for my needs, how ever following my latest trip to my local camera club I am going to dabble with RAW and TiFF images and my current version of photoshop 7 dosent support these images. What would be the best way forward?
Tue 10/05/05 at 08:25
Regular
If I partion one of my hard disks and installed windows XP on it with a veiw to then installing photoshop CS how would I go about making XP work on the partion? I currently use windows 98 SE and think its fine for my needs, how ever following my latest trip to my local camera club I am going to dabble with RAW and TiFF images and my current version of photoshop 7 dosent support these images. What would be the best way forward?
Tue 10/05/05 at 08:49
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Shelljed wrote:
Photoshop 7, supports TIFF files has done since the dawn of time, so don't understand why your's wouldn't? As for the RAW format, up until CS, you only required a plug-in for importing them, which is usually supplied with your camera software.

This will help, all file formats supported in Photoshop: [URL]http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/18222.html[/URL]

Raw. Raw files are pretty much what the name implies. They're simple files that contain no extra data. This format doesn't allow any compression. On top of that, to use this format correctly you have to know the dimensions and options of the image before opening it. This format is useful only when you need to open documents from an unknown origin. It's more of a desperate-times-call-for-desperate-measures format.

TIFF. One of the most common formats for Photoshop users is the TIFF format. A TIFF (Tagged Image File Format) is the most widely used printing format on both Macintosh and PC platforms. Not only that but there are few compatibility issues, because most graphic programs will identify a TIFF and interpret the file correctly. So, if you want to print an image, the TIFF format is the best choice.

Wed 11/05/05 at 14:54
Regular
Thanks for that yep yer right about the TIFF being supported, have you used CS ? and is it much better than PS7. I have instaled Nikon Capture that came with the camera as it supports RAW files I have never dabble with RAW but at the camera club it actually made a lot of sense to take at least some shots in RAW format so am going to give it a try.
Wed 11/05/05 at 15:41
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Shelljed wrote:
> Thanks for that yep yer right about the TIFF being supported, have you used CS ? and is it much better than PS7.

Currently using CS until my CS2 upgrade arrives. Not much in difference to any other version of PS, just a funky GUI and some better production tools.

>I have instaled Nikon Capture that came with the camera as it supports RAW files I have never dabble with RAW but at the camera club it actually made a lot of sense to take at least some shots in RAW format so am going to give it a try.

RAW is an outdates format these days. Was mainly used for opening images with an unknown file format. Good point, the qulaity is awesome, bad point, the file sizes are astronomical.
Thu 12/05/05 at 10:37
Regular
Tyla wrote:
>
> RAW is an outdates format these days. Was mainly used for opening
> images with an unknown file format. Good point, the qulaity is
> awesome, bad point, the file sizes are astronomical.

Good point also that in RAW you can take the image right back to the time it was taken, and alter the white ballance etc, every aspect of the image except the focus can be altered when taken in RAW, where as JPEG is like taking a slide shot, once its taken thats pretty much it, these were the words used at our local camera club, so if its wrong dont blame me he he

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.