GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My old boiler . . Help!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/05/05 at 09:40
Regular
"I ush!"
Well, my old boiler seems to be on it's last legs, so I'm now looking for some advice from anyone who has any experience with boilers and or central heating systems.

All I'm looking for is ball park costs to have a new boiler fitted, and any recommendations and who I should and should not turn to. I'm always a bit suspicious of tradesmen, although the last few I've had dealings with have been very good/reasonable.

The Mrs is also making noises about having central heating fitted. Any ideas or advice on that would also be appreciated.
Mon 09/05/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Simon Says wrote:
> Well, my old boiler seems to be on it's last legs...

> The Mrs is also making noises...

Must. Resist. Offensive. Joke.
Mon 09/05/05 at 15:16
Regular
My boiler was down for a month or so recently (forgot to mention it first time!). Fairly cheap to fix, fortunately.

Those electric heaters are good / absolutely bloody essential, depending on whether you're in the grim north like me :^)
But they use a hell of a lot of electricity.
Mon 09/05/05 at 10:54
Regular
"long time"
It took a week , but thats only because it was one guy doing it !

Sorry to say my house was a bomb site all my floors where taken up upstairs , and the rads where a diffrent size to old ones so i need to do a lot of painting :(

I would go for a local firm , and get a few prices first as the diffrence in the prices where BIG !

Worth it in the end , froze last year but this year all sung :)

If you only need a boiler , i got one of the best for £800..
Mon 09/05/05 at 10:47
Regular
"I ush!"
Sweet Tooth wrote:
> Had all mine done last summer £1900 i paid but thats was for
> everything, needed all new pipes and rads :)
>
> British gas wanted £2500 ! ha ha ha

At the moment we have no central heating at all. How disruptive was the whole process? How long did it take to get it sorted? Any help or advice you can offer is much appreciated ;).
Mon 09/05/05 at 09:58
Regular
If you're looking for 'who', ask for recommendations from people you know in your area. Best way to find someone trustworthy / competent / with good personal hygiene.
Mon 09/05/05 at 09:48
Regular
"long time"
Had all mine done last summer £1900 i paid but thats was for everything, needed all new pipes and rads :)

British gas wanted £2500 ! ha ha ha
Mon 09/05/05 at 09:40
Regular
"I ush!"
Well, my old boiler seems to be on it's last legs, so I'm now looking for some advice from anyone who has any experience with boilers and or central heating systems.

All I'm looking for is ball park costs to have a new boiler fitted, and any recommendations and who I should and should not turn to. I'm always a bit suspicious of tradesmen, although the last few I've had dealings with have been very good/reasonable.

The Mrs is also making noises about having central heating fitted. Any ideas or advice on that would also be appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.