GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More Leaked 360 Pics"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/05/05 at 17:27
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Lord, I sound like a gossip magazine....

Anywhoo, as you may have seen, TeamXBOX.com have released some photos ( http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8191/ *space* Xbox-360-Console-Controller-Peripherals-Revealed ) on their site showing what is almost definitely the final XBOX 360 design and a handful, that is 3, peripherals.

The console itself doesn't seem to have that 'Artistic Sheen' that most renders do, but that's nothing new. The pad, which is the same as the leaked 'prototype', now has some clothes on and you can see the ports at the bottom. Presumably for recharging and/or the LIVE 2 headset (which I hope this time will be stronger)!

The actual console is the same, save for a concave power button as oppose to the convex one seen in the initial screens. Either which way - I'm not bothered.

It's interesting to note on the pad the 1, 2, 3 and 4 by the centre 360 Logo. This logo could actually be a button that you press to change the Player Number for the pad (i.e if you have some who has a 'thing' for being player 1!) Hopefully it'll light up and cook dinner, too!

The camera, which was rumoured a few months ago, is pretty standard, and I would imagine can be used for putting a face to a game character, taking a pic for LIVE play and to send naked pictures of your missus to some of the lads, in exchange for a tricked out RX-8 over the new MarketPlace feature... or not.

The DVD remote is nothing new, although it's good to see a powerbutton on there and the inclusion of a Windows Media Centre button, as was rumoured, should make playing DVD's and CD's and managing your downloads a hell of a lot easier! Maybe this time we can have a game in the console and not HAVE to play it, hey, Microsoft!!!

Still, everything looks nice and flashy, and should sit nicely next to your Sky+ and Denon Hi-Fi. Prices and Release Dates are yet to be announced, although $249 in November is currently a hot ticket. There was talk of a near-simultaneous launch for the US and Europe, which means, should this be the case, we might see the system before Christmas, too! Although the old trick of converting dollars to the same amount of pounds might see us paying over $400 for the console - hopefully it'll be under £200 - but don't hold your breath!

All will be revealed at E3, but it's nice to find these things out beforehand... it makes it easier for us geeks who could have had up to 4 console-revealings to cope with, not to mention new 512MB graphics cards! Everything looks in check, anyway - roll on E3!
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:27
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Lord, I sound like a gossip magazine....

Anywhoo, as you may have seen, TeamXBOX.com have released some photos ( http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8191/ *space* Xbox-360-Console-Controller-Peripherals-Revealed ) on their site showing what is almost definitely the final XBOX 360 design and a handful, that is 3, peripherals.

The console itself doesn't seem to have that 'Artistic Sheen' that most renders do, but that's nothing new. The pad, which is the same as the leaked 'prototype', now has some clothes on and you can see the ports at the bottom. Presumably for recharging and/or the LIVE 2 headset (which I hope this time will be stronger)!

The actual console is the same, save for a concave power button as oppose to the convex one seen in the initial screens. Either which way - I'm not bothered.

It's interesting to note on the pad the 1, 2, 3 and 4 by the centre 360 Logo. This logo could actually be a button that you press to change the Player Number for the pad (i.e if you have some who has a 'thing' for being player 1!) Hopefully it'll light up and cook dinner, too!

The camera, which was rumoured a few months ago, is pretty standard, and I would imagine can be used for putting a face to a game character, taking a pic for LIVE play and to send naked pictures of your missus to some of the lads, in exchange for a tricked out RX-8 over the new MarketPlace feature... or not.

The DVD remote is nothing new, although it's good to see a powerbutton on there and the inclusion of a Windows Media Centre button, as was rumoured, should make playing DVD's and CD's and managing your downloads a hell of a lot easier! Maybe this time we can have a game in the console and not HAVE to play it, hey, Microsoft!!!

Still, everything looks nice and flashy, and should sit nicely next to your Sky+ and Denon Hi-Fi. Prices and Release Dates are yet to be announced, although $249 in November is currently a hot ticket. There was talk of a near-simultaneous launch for the US and Europe, which means, should this be the case, we might see the system before Christmas, too! Although the old trick of converting dollars to the same amount of pounds might see us paying over $400 for the console - hopefully it'll be under £200 - but don't hold your breath!

All will be revealed at E3, but it's nice to find these things out beforehand... it makes it easier for us geeks who could have had up to 4 console-revealings to cope with, not to mention new 512MB graphics cards! Everything looks in check, anyway - roll on E3!
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:31
Regular
"Mozzy"
Game wrote:
> ( http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8191/ *space*
> Xbox-360-Console-Controller-Peripherals-Revealed )

Im sorry, but that is just LAZY.
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:32
Regular
"For One Night Only"
[URL]http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8191/Xbox-360-Console-Controller-Peripherals-Revealed/[/URL]

Doesn't look too bad...
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:34
Regular
"Mozzy"
I saw them pics yesterday. Heres a picture of the PS3 controller (probably fake...) : [URL]http://forum.gamesradar.com/viewtopic.php?t=65320[/URL]
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:35
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I thought it was too long... Haha... sorry.

I did try it with the [URL] boll*cks... they should have unlimited number of characters inside the [URL] thingys...

Still...

Thanks for putting a link up, bud!
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:37
Regular
"For One Night Only"
No worries :)
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:38
Regular
"8==="
I really like the logo.
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:43
Regular
"bot"
Game wrote:
> I did try it with the [URL] boll*cks... they should have unlimited
> number of characters inside the [URL] thingys...

they do.
Some people just don't have enough brain cells to work out how to use them properly.
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:45
Regular
Mozzy wrote:
> I saw them pics yesterday. Heres a picture of the PS3 controller
> (probably fake...) :
> [URL]http://forum.gamesradar.com/viewtopic.php?t=65320[/URL]

Rofl thats the biggest fake I've seen in my life.

All he has done is just ripped out the normal analogue stick and shoved a trackball in it.

Fake.
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:45
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
I think it looks an ugly piece of machinary. I thing the final Xbox will look much, much better than these.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.