GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More Leaked 360 Pics"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/05/05 at 17:27
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Lord, I sound like a gossip magazine....

Anywhoo, as you may have seen, TeamXBOX.com have released some photos ( http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8191/ *space* Xbox-360-Console-Controller-Peripherals-Revealed ) on their site showing what is almost definitely the final XBOX 360 design and a handful, that is 3, peripherals.

The console itself doesn't seem to have that 'Artistic Sheen' that most renders do, but that's nothing new. The pad, which is the same as the leaked 'prototype', now has some clothes on and you can see the ports at the bottom. Presumably for recharging and/or the LIVE 2 headset (which I hope this time will be stronger)!

The actual console is the same, save for a concave power button as oppose to the convex one seen in the initial screens. Either which way - I'm not bothered.

It's interesting to note on the pad the 1, 2, 3 and 4 by the centre 360 Logo. This logo could actually be a button that you press to change the Player Number for the pad (i.e if you have some who has a 'thing' for being player 1!) Hopefully it'll light up and cook dinner, too!

The camera, which was rumoured a few months ago, is pretty standard, and I would imagine can be used for putting a face to a game character, taking a pic for LIVE play and to send naked pictures of your missus to some of the lads, in exchange for a tricked out RX-8 over the new MarketPlace feature... or not.

The DVD remote is nothing new, although it's good to see a powerbutton on there and the inclusion of a Windows Media Centre button, as was rumoured, should make playing DVD's and CD's and managing your downloads a hell of a lot easier! Maybe this time we can have a game in the console and not HAVE to play it, hey, Microsoft!!!

Still, everything looks nice and flashy, and should sit nicely next to your Sky+ and Denon Hi-Fi. Prices and Release Dates are yet to be announced, although $249 in November is currently a hot ticket. There was talk of a near-simultaneous launch for the US and Europe, which means, should this be the case, we might see the system before Christmas, too! Although the old trick of converting dollars to the same amount of pounds might see us paying over $400 for the console - hopefully it'll be under £200 - but don't hold your breath!

All will be revealed at E3, but it's nice to find these things out beforehand... it makes it easier for us geeks who could have had up to 4 console-revealings to cope with, not to mention new 512MB graphics cards! Everything looks in check, anyway - roll on E3!
Tue 10/05/05 at 22:55
Regular
"8==="
:D
Tue 10/05/05 at 22:26
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> That's the ugliest console I ever did see.
>
> Put it next to your baby pictures and it won't seem so bad.

We're not all into putting up pictures of babies on our walls you realise?

Dirty kiddyfiddler!
Tue 10/05/05 at 20:14
Regular
"Mozzy"
Ahaha.
Tue 10/05/05 at 20:06
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> That's the ugliest console I ever did see.

Put it next to your baby pictures and it won't seem so bad.
Tue 10/05/05 at 14:36
Regular
"..."
lcarus wrote:
> You're supposed to care.

I tried. For two days I tried.

But, I just couldn't.

Sorry.
Mon 09/05/05 at 20:43
Regular
"Mozzy"
When I picture the next gen consoles I imagine a sexy woman's behind, instead we get this.

I am not impressed.

Although, if they do decide to release Perfect Dark as a launch title I will be more than willing to have the ugliest console ever ontop of my sexy silver Sky Digibox.

What I do know, is that there will be a Perfect Dark Zero demo at this MTV thing... [URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35696&subsectionid=1586[/URL]
Mon 09/05/05 at 20:27
I do hope they do some last minute rejiggling.
Mon 09/05/05 at 20:21
Regular
That's the ugliest console I ever did see.
Mon 09/05/05 at 17:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Game wrote:
> Who do you think you are with your fancy words?

> Memorandum! wrote:
>
> conceived, distress, depression, bleakness, succumb

I'm guessing these are the words you had trouble with. Perhaps a little more time reading and a little less time trying to insult people on chatforums would do you some good.
Mon 09/05/05 at 13:09
You're supposed to care.

The controller looks rubbish, camera something off the 70's and the headset... well, it's the same as before, but white. What a difference!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.