GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Contender"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/05/05 at 20:14
Regular
I thought I'd revive this topic because the other has slipped off into a coma and is full of many disjointed posts

Here is a new topic, started because many people like the Contender and the other topic is a little full and a few pages away

To 'kick off', I caught the fight between Joey and Jimmy last night. I thought Jimmy did some aggressive fighting and got a few good hits in but considering Joey had really badly pulled him Hamstrings didn't perform that well.

Joey however was very strong and won despite a crippling injury. I'm still not sure as to why everyone thought he was the weakest fighter, he got in some devastating blows but did sustain quite a few large injuries

On a different note, I assume it's 'Baby Face' that's coming back ? Simply because my mate caught the trailer and said it was him. If it isn't I hope that Jonathan Reeves comes back - good guy and impressive fighter

Well, Contender chat on
Sat 07/05/05 at 20:14
Regular
I thought I'd revive this topic because the other has slipped off into a coma and is full of many disjointed posts

Here is a new topic, started because many people like the Contender and the other topic is a little full and a few pages away

To 'kick off', I caught the fight between Joey and Jimmy last night. I thought Jimmy did some aggressive fighting and got a few good hits in but considering Joey had really badly pulled him Hamstrings didn't perform that well.

Joey however was very strong and won despite a crippling injury. I'm still not sure as to why everyone thought he was the weakest fighter, he got in some devastating blows but did sustain quite a few large injuries

On a different note, I assume it's 'Baby Face' that's coming back ? Simply because my mate caught the trailer and said it was him. If it isn't I hope that Jonathan Reeves comes back - good guy and impressive fighter

Well, Contender chat on
Sat 07/05/05 at 21:07
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Very good episode, as i have said beforehand i missed two episodes so im a bit behind in terms of the latest storyline ect. Still, last episode monday? Should be good.
Sat 07/05/05 at 21:25
Regular
Last episode Monday ? :cS

It won't be the last in the series but if you mean when is it then yeah, 'tis Monday, I watch the late night Friday showing though

Basically you missed a fight with Najai and Tarick, was good but unorthodox, Tarick was a very graceful loser.

I'm not sure but I think the fight before that was Bonsante vs Brent Cooper (Daddy man vs Bible Basher) Bonsante threw some very forceful punches and Brent didn't fight all that well
Sat 07/05/05 at 21:27
Regular
"Mozzy"
That was the best fight i've seen so far on The Contender but I haven't watched all of the episodes. Most of the though.

Shame Juan had to leave, if it was me I dont think I would've left because of that cut. It would probably heal in a few weeks and it's not like hes going to fight anytime soon.

As for the "My wrists really hurt I want my mummy" I think that was all BS, he knew that if he left just because of that cut he'd get critisied to he made up a few more other things to make it look worse than it is.

He was a bad fighter if you ask me, he wasn't using any techniques, he just went crazy and he was lucky to have won that fight. Tarick took it well and didn't cry when he lost, thats how you should take a lose, be a man, don't go and tell everyone "Oh I cant beleive i've lost, now im going to have to go back to the streets" cause no one will feel sorry for you.

Anyway, cant wait for the next episode.
Sat 07/05/05 at 21:37
Regular
I'd have to agree with you that Najai did go at it like a bit of a loon', arms flailing and punches landing everywhere, very brawler-ish style

I remember what you said before, Mozzy, about 'I'm glad Tarick went', don't you think you can switch Contender topics and hide what you wrote, the long arm of the Lard follow you everywhere (pun on long arm of the law)

Jonny knows child

;)
Sat 07/05/05 at 21:48
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im glad he went because I did want Juan to win, but I think its unfair that straight after Juan wins he decides to leave.
Sat 07/05/05 at 21:48
Regular
"8==="
The UFC contender thing on Bravo is much better.
Sat 07/05/05 at 23:53
Regular
"Mozzy"
You've said that before.
Sat 07/05/05 at 23:56
Regular
"8==="
and it's true.
Mon 09/05/05 at 21:08
Regular
"Mozzy"
I didn't see who got to come back cause I was on the phone, can someone tell me who it was?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.