GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Contender"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/05/05 at 20:14
Regular
I thought I'd revive this topic because the other has slipped off into a coma and is full of many disjointed posts

Here is a new topic, started because many people like the Contender and the other topic is a little full and a few pages away

To 'kick off', I caught the fight between Joey and Jimmy last night. I thought Jimmy did some aggressive fighting and got a few good hits in but considering Joey had really badly pulled him Hamstrings didn't perform that well.

Joey however was very strong and won despite a crippling injury. I'm still not sure as to why everyone thought he was the weakest fighter, he got in some devastating blows but did sustain quite a few large injuries

On a different note, I assume it's 'Baby Face' that's coming back ? Simply because my mate caught the trailer and said it was him. If it isn't I hope that Jonathan Reeves comes back - good guy and impressive fighter

Well, Contender chat on
Wed 25/05/05 at 19:46
Regular
"0228"
I started watching at the end of the first round of fights. I wanted to know what happened in the first few episodes but now I know how all the fights went, unfortuntely.
Wed 25/05/05 at 19:43
Regular
Have you been following it .. or ... ?
Wed 25/05/05 at 17:25
Regular
"0228"
I just accidentally found out who won the $1,000,000 whilst looking for a guide to the episodes I missed. I'm annoyed.
Mon 23/05/05 at 22:12
Regular
Time_Warp wrote:
> Hey Funk! Sorry haven't been on the forum for a bit haven't had any
> contender chat.
>
> My man Alfonso went through last week!
>
> It's on tonight guys...Woooo.

Swift response on my part but no-ones really been posting on this thread recently so I haven't checked

How the hell did I miss Gomez's fight ?! Grr ... I'm annoyed
Mon 23/05/05 at 22:11
Regular
Mozzy, can you clear something up for me ?

*SPOILERS*

Basically, last week I tuned in as I always do on a Friday. It turns out that it was Joey vs Sergio and that I'd missed the fight with Gomez vs Ahmed

How the hell did I miss it ?! Have they started playing two a week or something ...

However, the Sergio vs Joey fight was very good, with some hard hitting and blood enducing shots. Some of the rib and jaw breaking shots were really impressive

I didn't want Joey to lose, he rules(d) :(
Mon 23/05/05 at 21:53
Regular
"Mozzy"
WHAT A FIGHT!

I wont spoil it for those of you who watch The Contender on Fridays but i'll just say that the man I wanted to win, did.

Who watched it?
Mon 16/05/05 at 18:38
Regular
"Mozzy"
Ishe was the best, you need a hyper-ego when you're boxing, you need to make everyone scared of you and thats what he did, unfortunately he lost his focus and didn't concentrate.

It's okay to have a hyper-ego but if you can't perform well when it comes to the fights you'll look like an idiot.

I HATE the "Im the #1 daddy" guy, he annoys me so much. Theres nothing wrong with loving your kids but when you start doing EVERYTHING for them you just look stupid and I bet his kids don't even care about boxing.

Anyways, I think im gonna miss tonights episode but i'll definately watch it on Friday.
Mon 16/05/05 at 16:33
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Hey Funk! Sorry haven't been on the forum for a bit haven't had any contender chat.

My man Alfonso went through last week!

It's on tonight guys...Woooo.
Sun 15/05/05 at 22:02
Regular
Mozzy wrote:
> Did ANYONE watch the Contender this week, then?

Yeah

I thought the Sergio vs Ishe Smith fight was the best yet. Very close and powerful, Sergio slipped slightly and then won through

Yay! No more flat face and his hyper-ego
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:09
Regular
"0228"
Ja. I'm backing Sergio to take it now, that was a good win for him. Jesse wasn't really being a coward, he was playing the game sensibly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.