GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RPG - Recommendations please?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/05/05 at 14:23
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
Basically I'm just interested in buying a Role-Playing type game for Xbox, but don't know which are any good, or even if there are any for Xbox. I liked games like Final Fantasy & Grandia on playstation but as I haven't got a playstation anymore I was wondering what choices there are on Xbox, any information would be of great help. It doesn't have to be brand new or top of the range, but just one which will be good fun :)
Thu 12/05/05 at 20:52
Regular
RedKez wrote:
> Okay guys, just coming back to this. This may sound really stupid (as
> you'll know the answer) - But what is KOTOR??? I'm assuming its
> abbreviation of something?

KOTOR is Knights of The Old Republic

It's basically a Star Wars RPG where every action you take influences you towards the Light or Dark Side of the Force

You get a chance to use Force Powers and level-up. You also gradually recruit a team from across the empire

The 'meat' of the game is turn-based combat mode (although you wouldn't know it) and you go around the worlds exploring and talking to people using various conversation options to suit your alignment

Tis classy
Wed 11/05/05 at 22:55
Regular
"8==="
gerrid wrote:
>
> you would have been decided days ago.

*decides self*
Wed 11/05/05 at 22:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. If you'd gone to IGN like I'd said you would have been decided days ago.
Wed 11/05/05 at 22:02
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
Okay guys, just coming back to this. This may sound really stupid (as you'll know the answer) - But what is KOTOR??? I'm assuming its abbreviation of something?
Wed 11/05/05 at 21:41
Regular
It may have been said but both the KOTOR games are a must have for RPG gamers, a good storyline and top knotch character development

It's like an interactive Star Wars movies with you writing it as you go along

They're fantastic basically
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:33
Regular
"8==="
A likely story. :D
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I played that once. And got bored.
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:31
Regular
"8==="
I know you do Mr BGDA.
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh yeah, I love playing in that LINEAR DULL REPETITIVE AWFUL-

etc
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:23
Regular
"8==="
Actually he's on his 10th time through it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.