GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unreadable password"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/05/05 at 22:45
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
I have to change computers and i can't find my password for my internet connection, the only one clue i have is the number of dots in my password section. My ISP is being a b*tch and won't help me at all, does anyone know how i can find out what this password is? I know it sounds dodgy but i don't fking care. Any help would be appreciated, Any scarcastic comments will be completly ingnored and you will be added to my list.
Sat 07/05/05 at 10:35
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
Ta everybody, I'll try the revalation thing and then attempt to talk to the monkeys at NTL again.

"Hello, I've lost my password can you help me?"
"Oop Chee Ack!"
"Hello? My password, I can't find my password"
"Chee Ack ACK!"
"Ok thanks, you've been a ton of help"

I am a master of Monkey Combat. I have kicked many monkeys back to where they came from.
Sat 07/05/05 at 10:33
Regular
"n00b 4 joo"
Sat 07/05/05 at 10:32
Regular
"the burning sky"
HyJax wrote:
> Ta everybody, I'll try the revalation thing and then attempt to talk
> to the monkeys at NTL again.
>
> "Hello, I've lost my password can you help me?"
> "Oop Chee Ack!"
> "Hello? My password, I can't find my password"
> "Chee Ack ACK!"
> "Ok thanks, you've been a ton of help"

Have you just finished Monkey Island 4? It seems you are trained in the art of Monkey Kombat...
Sat 07/05/05 at 10:30
Regular
"n00b 4 joo"
Sat 07/05/05 at 09:48
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Miserableman wrote:
> How are you connecting your PC to your NTL connection device, USB or
> network cable? If you use network cable you may be able to fool the
> cable modem/set top box that your new computer is really just your
> old computer, by setting the hardware MAC address of your new
> computer to match that of the old computer. To do this you will need
> access to both computers, so if the old one has blown up/fallen off a
> cliff/been sold, it won't work.

I think this is dial up, as on Cable, the modem handles the MAC address so effectively, I could come to yours and plug my modem in, and it would be on my account.

> In any case, your NTL password should be printed somewhere on the
> letters you got from NTL when you registered for broadband, assuming
> you still have them.

Again, I think it's dial up, and NTL on all accounts do not send you a password, you create it as part of your account set up yourself. They send you an activation code for BB, but as far as I am aware, they nnever send you a password for eithe BB ot DU
Sat 07/05/05 at 09:45
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Hazelld wrote:
> NTL

You obviously got some tard at NTL CS.

Call them again, and as long as the account is in your name, they can reset your password for you. This happened to a friend of mine the other week, but the account has to be in your name for them to do so (They'll ask you for your account number, address details and password (not your connection password).

Call between 10 and 4 UK time too, as they now farm out calls to their India call center, who are totally useless, outside of office hours!
Sat 07/05/05 at 08:56
"Are you sure?"
Hazelld wrote:
> It's a random amount of dots!!! Crap

Snadboy Revelation is a handy bit of freeware that shows you what's behind the dots! Some NT / XP passwords can't be decrypted with it but it works for most. Works for my router and email (outlook) passwords, etc.

Do a google on snadboy revelation to see some reviews.

Just checked the snadboy home page and unfortunately for you it seems to have been hacked/defaced at the moment.
BUT if you use the google cache you can still reach the original page [URL]http://216.239.59.104/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLC,GGLC:1970-01,GGLC:en&q=cache:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.snadboy.com%2F[/URL]

You might want to scan the download incase the hackers have messed with it!
Sat 07/05/05 at 00:16
Regular
"bing bang bong"
How are you connecting your PC to your NTL connection device, USB or network cable? If you use network cable you may be able to fool the cable modem/set top box that your new computer is really just your old computer, by setting the hardware MAC address of your new computer to match that of the old computer. To do this you will need access to both computers, so if the old one has blown up/fallen off a cliff/been sold, it won't work.

In any case, your NTL password should be printed somewhere on the letters you got from NTL when you registered for broadband, assuming you still have them.
Fri 06/05/05 at 23:50
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I got locked out completely cos I never checked my NTL account.

First I had to enter it and re-enter it to get in. Then it shut me out all together.

Always set up atleast 2 email accounts and periodically forward the contents to each other. I do that anyway...

What's "your list"?
Fri 06/05/05 at 23:41
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
It's a random amount of dots!!! Crap

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.