GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PHP quicky"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/05/05 at 11:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
List of files in an array, Click a link calling a procedure that fires off a download of each array element.

I.e. One click sill fire off multiple download windows.

[edit] Arg, probably won't work. Most IE browsers only allow two downloads at a time. It'll probably time out if there's a lot.

Any ideas?
Fri 06/05/05 at 20:53
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
To be honest, it's going to be better for you and the user if you put all the relevent files into a single .zip archive.

It would be a pain in the backside for the user to have to specify loads of destination directories seperately - especially if they have no control over how many seperate download requests they're going to get.

What's the reason for wanting to force multiple downloads?

Are you thinking of letting people add download content to a shopping cart and then provide them with everything they requested in one go? You may be able to dynamically create an archive of everything they need and point them to their own custom .zip file. This would be the most user friendly option....

oooo... Here you go ;-)
http://codewalkers.com/seecode/65.html
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
List of files in an array, Click a link calling a procedure that fires off a download of each array element.

I.e. One click sill fire off multiple download windows.

[edit] Arg, probably won't work. Most IE browsers only allow two downloads at a time. It'll probably time out if there's a lot.

Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.