GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Memory or The Moment?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/12/06 at 13:20
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
A question that I sometime wonder about when I'm having a crap time at some event:

Is it more important to enjoy an event at the time or to remember it is a good event?

Quite often one will follow from the other, but I've definitely had times where the majority of the event was poor but for whatever reason I wake up the next morning feeling I've had a good time. So what do you guys think?
Sat 09/12/06 at 12:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The way I see it is without the moment there is no memory. Sure, memories can be great but I much prefer the moment.

It also works the other way. If you have a bad moment, it can leave a memory that you don't particularly want, sometimes even leaving emotional scars. In this instance, I'd rather just have the bad moment than the bad memory.
Sat 09/12/06 at 09:45
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I read that as: "A question that I sometimes wonder about when I'm having a crap at some event"
Wed 06/12/06 at 17:13
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The moment I much prefer, as it's something that's clearly happening... and it's better to be doing something than thinking about it, more... proactive? But then I like to remember some of the things that have happened to me, although they're minus the adrenalin et cetera that was flowing through me at the time!

Alternatively, I definitely prefer the moments themselves, as the memory usually reminds me of something dumb I did directly afterwards!
Tue 05/12/06 at 20:03
Regular
Memory, the moment never lasts and is gone within seconds. Then you wake up and think back on the good times as your life is drawing to a close.....
Tue 05/12/06 at 13:30
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think if you're having a truly crap time at an event nothing can make it otherwise so I'd rather remember it after as a good event as if I do that it must mean that there was something good about it that I just couldn't see at the time.

I used to like to look back on good times and I still do but I tended to find I was living in the past a lot which is gone and now I like to live in the present but look to the future at times for upcoming good events to cheer myself up when I'm feeling down at times.

I do still like to look back on past events but the difference between now and a few years ago is I only look back on good events and if I find myself thinking about a bad past event such as an exam failure I put it straight out of my mind as they only cause unnecessary bad feelings and emotions which serve you no good purpose what so ever.
Tue 05/12/06 at 13:20
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
A question that I sometime wonder about when I'm having a crap time at some event:

Is it more important to enjoy an event at the time or to remember it is a good event?

Quite often one will follow from the other, but I've definitely had times where the majority of the event was poor but for whatever reason I wake up the next morning feeling I've had a good time. So what do you guys think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.