GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP Pirating"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/05/05 at 18:16
Regular
"Mozzy"
Has started.

[URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35660&subsectionid=1591[/URL]

Although you can't actually play any yet, hackers have managed to pirate games and will soon be allowing them to be downloaded from your PC to your Memory Stick. The games will be around 500MB+ which is alot so I cant see people actually keeping these games on their memory sticks too long.

What they Sony should do is allow people to download demos from their PC to their Memory Sticks, that should stop a few people from pirating I guess.

Well, I dunno, anyway...
Mon 16/05/05 at 16:40
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
You have a lot 2 learn.
Mon 16/05/05 at 16:37
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
Check this site if[URL]http://psproms.com/psp_roms.htm[/URL] your un-sure that you cant download full games in memory cards.
Mon 16/05/05 at 16:35
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
I already know these information it started 6 months ago.
Mon 09/05/05 at 19:32
Bout time anall, getting annoyed with paying £30 for UMD's, it's way too much, more then some Xbox 4GB games.
Mon 09/05/05 at 16:53
Regular
"..."
It's fine, even if you only play one game at a time. You're not actually going to finish several games without going home at all. You're not even going to finish one game by going out just once.
Mon 09/05/05 at 16:53
Regular
"lets go back"
J Nash wrote:
>
> But..the people who use GBA flash cards do that, and they're
> perfectly happy with it. They don't buy a new flash card just becuase
> they want to keep the same games with them constantly, obviously
> they're just going to delete the ones they dont want to play anymore
> and put on some new ones. Why would it be any different with the PSP?

Im sure it wont be any different. People will still do it, and it probably wont bother them. It just makes handheld consoles a little bit pointless, from my point of view. The only time ive ever really used my gameboy in the past was when going on holiday. Its something to do in the car/ on the plane. I wouldnt buy a PSP so that I could sit next to my PC incase I wanted to switch games.

(that'll come back to shoot me in the foot now and I'll buy one and only use it in the house.)
Mon 09/05/05 at 07:56
Regular
Sony could use a similar method for playable demos.

But they won't.
Sun 08/05/05 at 23:45
Regular
Mozzy wrote:
> The games will be around 500MB+

But it said the games were 100-500mb, not just 500+

Geffdof wrote:
> You'd have to pay £100 for a new memory stick every time you
> wanted a new game so it would be cheaper to just buy the game. You
> could keep them on your pc and just have one game on a stick and the
> rest backed up, but that defeats the point of a handheld console
> because you have to stay in your house to play your games.

But..the people who use GBA flash cards do that, and they're perfectly happy with it. They don't buy a new flash card just becuase they want to keep the same games with them constantly, obviously they're just going to delete the ones they dont want to play anymore and put on some new ones. Why would it be any different with the PSP?
Sat 07/05/05 at 20:50
Regular
"lets go back"
You'd have to pay £100 for a new memory stick every time you wanted a new game so it would be cheaper to just buy the game. You could keep them on your pc and just have one game on a stick and the rest backed up, but that defeats the point of a handheld console because you have to stay in your house to play your games.
Fri 06/05/05 at 00:20
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
But what about the legitimate sources? I thought the PSP would only allow files such as MP3s from legitimate sources, and I assumed that would apply to this too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.