GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worth it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/05/05 at 09:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
Is it worth keeping old consoles? I mean, up to now I have - I say old, I mean an N64, PSone and DC - but they take up so much space.

Should, or rather, can, you sell these? And if so, for how much? I generally only play one game on each console - Virtua Tennis 2 and Jet Set Radio on the Dreamcast (never got hold of Shenmue), Zelda on the N64. As for the PSone, I generally keep it so I have the option of playing FFIX or FFVII on the move :P.

So do you keep yours, or have you flogged them?
Mon 02/05/05 at 09:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
Is it worth keeping old consoles? I mean, up to now I have - I say old, I mean an N64, PSone and DC - but they take up so much space.

Should, or rather, can, you sell these? And if so, for how much? I generally only play one game on each console - Virtua Tennis 2 and Jet Set Radio on the Dreamcast (never got hold of Shenmue), Zelda on the N64. As for the PSone, I generally keep it so I have the option of playing FFIX or FFVII on the move :P.

So do you keep yours, or have you flogged them?
Mon 02/05/05 at 09:16
Regular
"8==="
Flogged half and kept half.

They're cheap to re-purchase so sell them if you're not using them and buy threm back cheaper when you feel like replaying things.

Simple.
Mon 02/05/05 at 23:51
Regular
"I'm Great."
I keep mine as I can't see me finding two spectrums easily. I'm still getting games for my other consoles too so they do get use. Do enjoy going back to my SNES or Mega-Drive every now and then. Usually Street Fighter II, even though I have the latest collection for PS2, or Mario Kart or Mortal Kmobat. Gameboy Color is handy for tetris.
Fri 06/05/05 at 18:41
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
I would say NEVER get rid of Final Fantasy 7 as one day you will want to play it again and you will feel stupid for not keeping it. It happened to me, but luckily, i did manage to get one of the last ones, factory sealed.
Sun 08/05/05 at 12:27
Regular
SnoopDogg wrote:
> I would say NEVER get rid of Final Fantasy 7

I agree. You wouldn't want to risk never being able to play one of the all time greatest games ever again now, would you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.