GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Get zed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/05/05 at 18:42
Regular
"Mozzy"
I've just about had enough with these people, they've stolen more than £50 off of me over about 4 years and they've started again even though i've sent them 100s of texts saying 'STOP' (Which is what it says your supposed to do if you want to cancel the service).

I admit that I shouldn't have signed up for the service in the firstplace but I did that about 4 years ago and since then i've been trying to stop it and still they send me these damn ringtones!

I've emailed them threating that I will report them to Ofcom if they dont stop this and give me my money back and i've said they better phone me tommorow or I will definately report them, well it's a shame tommorow is Bank Holiday cause they wont be able to phone me as they're shut. Oh well, i'll just have to report them then.
:)
Sun 01/05/05 at 21:01
Regular
"Mozzy"
No problem.
Sun 01/05/05 at 20:59
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Fair enough and good luck to you. Sorry i called you a 'silly person'.
Sun 01/05/05 at 20:50
Regular
"Mozzy"
Well i'll wait and see what they say.
Sun 01/05/05 at 20:47
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Mozzy wrote:
> I would mate, but it's the principle, they shouldn't get away with it.
> If I can't get them to buy me a new Sim Card I will make sure they
> delete me completely from their service and return the £5
> they've just recently taken off of me.

Yes, i totally agree with you, but loads of people will want a new sim-card and realistically, you know as well as i do, they wont get you one. Just get a new sim and forget about their bad service.
Sun 01/05/05 at 20:43
Regular
"Mozzy"
I would mate, but it's the principle, they shouldn't get away with it. If I can't get them to buy me a new Sim Card I will make sure they delete me completely from their service and return the £5 they've just recently taken off of me.
Sun 01/05/05 at 20:41
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
So buy a new sim-card
Sun 01/05/05 at 20:38
Regular
"Mozzy"
Hold on, your not understanding me...

About 4/5 years ago when I was 10 I got a text from Zed offering a ringtone and I (being a 10 year old with a brain the size of a peanut) texted back to get it. What I didn't know is that I was actually signing up to a service where I would get charged £2 everyday for some cheap, crappy ringtones.

The thing is though...I didn't know it was that service taking the money off of my phone, I thought it was just me using the phone too much cause I dont usually keep record of how much I have on my phone (especially when I was 10) so this has been going on for years now and it was just about a year ago that we realised who was taking our money - Zed.

And as soon as we realised who was taking our money we texted them to stop and they did....until now, they've started again.
Sun 01/05/05 at 20:29
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
It is silly, your really wasting your time with Zed or anything like that. Didn't you realise that after you spen the first £10 they werent gonna stop the rintones/images.
Sun 01/05/05 at 20:25
Regular
"Mozzy"
Hey, dont have to call me a 'silly person'. Im not going to buy a new sim card unless they buy it for me, they're breaking the law by saying that you can stop the service when really you cant because they still charge you afterwards.
Sun 01/05/05 at 20:20
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Mozzy wrote:
> I've just about had enough with these people, they've stolen
> more than £50 off of me over about 4 years and they've started
> again even though i've sent them 100s of texts saying 'STOP' (Which
> is what it says your supposed to do if you want to cancel the
> service).
>
> I admit that I shouldn't have signed up for the service in the
> firstplace but I did that about 4 years ago and since then i've been
> trying to stop it and still they send me these damn ringtones!
>
> I've emailed them threating that I will report them to Ofcom if they
> dont stop this and give me my money back and i've said they better
> phone me tommorow or I will definately report them, well it's a shame
> tommorow is Bank Holiday cause they wont be able to phone me as
> they're shut. Oh well, i'll just have to report them then.
> :)

Just get a new sim-card you silly person. You spent £50? Buy a sim-card for £10 and get £5 credit on it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.