GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question to anyone who watches TV"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/05/05 at 04:24
Regular
"..."
I live in Egypt, so I can only watch channels through the NileSat 101/102 satellites, and lately I've noticed a strange pattern in the movies shown on TV.. I noticed that all movie channels show a lot of "Alien" movies, and other channels just show "Alien" related programms. For instance today there was independence day, stargate and forbidden planet and cartoon network showed an episode of Smurai Jack that included aliens. and in the past 73 hours there have been numerous "Alien" movies and "Alien" related programms including Men in Black, Contact, Aliens, Signs, Cocoon 2.. On cartoon network there was an episode of Dexter's Lab, and one episode of The Powerpuff Girls that included aliens, and one of those got repeated on the same day, which never happens. They started showing Star Wars: Clone Wars lately, and it's commercial is shown between every 2 cartoons, and I mean EVERY 2 cartoons. On 60 minutes, there was a programme about the Saturn Rings, they mentioned a moon that has the same conditions as earth (Atmosphere, gravity, ...), and they said that it reflects the state of the earth right before life appeared on it, and that they were expecting to see Dinasaurs to appear on it at any moment!

Now, I have a theory.. I think that Aliens have been discovered and the Governments of the world are trying to prepare the public mentally and phsycologically for such discovery, because if simply tell them that Aliens exist, it would be hard for the mind to accept it, and in some cases it could lead to a shock, so they may be trying to tell them slowly, and make them convinced with the concept itself be explaining it on a scientific basis through movies, so that their minds would be prepared. It's like when you want to tell someone that he had won a million dollars. You first tell him: "What would you do if you won a million dollars ?" So he begins to imagine it, and he begins to live the thought itself, so keeps saying: "I'll buy a cool car, a huge house, a large TV set, etc... ", so, right then you say:" Well, you did win a million dollars !". And also when you try to tell someone that he has cancer, or AIDS, you do it the same way..
It could creep me out less if this has been done by 1 or 2 channels that would keep showing "Alien" movies for the whole day, what's happening is that all kinds of channels (News channels, movies channels, classic movies channels, cartoon channels,...) are showing 1 or 2 movies each, and on a daily basis. It seems as if they are trying to show all these "Alien" related programms to all kinds of audiences, and at the same time without attracting attention, or making any fuss. It seems to be carefully organized, and well executioned (Which makes it fell like the work of a Government- but in this case it would have to be several Governments because those channels come from numerous countries).

And now I want to know if the same is being done in the U.K, it doesn't have to be a pattern, just tell me if you have seen an Alien movie, because I don't expect anyone to spend that much time infront of TV, and it doesn't even have to be a U.K channel, it could be any channel that is being seen on U.K TV by any means.
Sun 01/05/05 at 17:09
Regular
"lets go back"
Every TV show I seem to watch lately has at least one character wearing glasses. Maybe thats the government trying to....

*(insert loads of conspiracy theories here)*

..Or maybe its just me getting the wrong end of the stick.
Sun 01/05/05 at 16:56
Regular
"..."
Mozzy wrote:
> what is it like in Egypt? nice? I want to go there.
>
> :(

Don't, it sucks.

Chr1s wrote:
> Maybe Egyptians like Aliens.

If Aliens heard you say that, they are going to be angry.

Darth Chippxero wrote:
> Full of sand and Egyptians, they say.

Actually it's full of stupidity and Egyptians.
Sun 01/05/05 at 11:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
CDouch wrote:
> "Say Bill, what would you do if you had cancer?"

"I think I'd be really scared"

"Well get ready to shityourself, you've got cancer!! Congratulations, or not..."
Sun 01/05/05 at 11:38
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
homosh wrote:
It's like when you want to tell someone that
> he had won a million dollars. You first tell him: "What would you
> do if you won a million dollars ?" So he begins to imagine it,
> and he begins to live the thought itself, so keeps saying: "I'll
> buy a cool car, a huge house, a large TV set, etc... ", so, right
> then you say:" Well, you did win a million dollars !". And
> also when you try to tell someone that he has cancer, or AIDS, you do
> it the same way..

"Say Bill, what would you do if you had cancer?"

No, no I don't think that's how I would tell someone.
Sun 01/05/05 at 11:20
Regular
"Captain to you."
Mozzy wrote:
> what is it like in Egypt? nice? I want to go there.
>
> :(

Full of sand and Egyptians, they say.
Sun 01/05/05 at 11:17
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Maybe Egyptians like Aliens.
Sun 01/05/05 at 11:15
Regular
"Mozzy"
what is it like in Egypt? nice? I want to go there.

:(
Sun 01/05/05 at 05:33
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
No.
Sun 01/05/05 at 04:24
Regular
"..."
I live in Egypt, so I can only watch channels through the NileSat 101/102 satellites, and lately I've noticed a strange pattern in the movies shown on TV.. I noticed that all movie channels show a lot of "Alien" movies, and other channels just show "Alien" related programms. For instance today there was independence day, stargate and forbidden planet and cartoon network showed an episode of Smurai Jack that included aliens. and in the past 73 hours there have been numerous "Alien" movies and "Alien" related programms including Men in Black, Contact, Aliens, Signs, Cocoon 2.. On cartoon network there was an episode of Dexter's Lab, and one episode of The Powerpuff Girls that included aliens, and one of those got repeated on the same day, which never happens. They started showing Star Wars: Clone Wars lately, and it's commercial is shown between every 2 cartoons, and I mean EVERY 2 cartoons. On 60 minutes, there was a programme about the Saturn Rings, they mentioned a moon that has the same conditions as earth (Atmosphere, gravity, ...), and they said that it reflects the state of the earth right before life appeared on it, and that they were expecting to see Dinasaurs to appear on it at any moment!

Now, I have a theory.. I think that Aliens have been discovered and the Governments of the world are trying to prepare the public mentally and phsycologically for such discovery, because if simply tell them that Aliens exist, it would be hard for the mind to accept it, and in some cases it could lead to a shock, so they may be trying to tell them slowly, and make them convinced with the concept itself be explaining it on a scientific basis through movies, so that their minds would be prepared. It's like when you want to tell someone that he had won a million dollars. You first tell him: "What would you do if you won a million dollars ?" So he begins to imagine it, and he begins to live the thought itself, so keeps saying: "I'll buy a cool car, a huge house, a large TV set, etc... ", so, right then you say:" Well, you did win a million dollars !". And also when you try to tell someone that he has cancer, or AIDS, you do it the same way..
It could creep me out less if this has been done by 1 or 2 channels that would keep showing "Alien" movies for the whole day, what's happening is that all kinds of channels (News channels, movies channels, classic movies channels, cartoon channels,...) are showing 1 or 2 movies each, and on a daily basis. It seems as if they are trying to show all these "Alien" related programms to all kinds of audiences, and at the same time without attracting attention, or making any fuss. It seems to be carefully organized, and well executioned (Which makes it fell like the work of a Government- but in this case it would have to be several Governments because those channels come from numerous countries).

And now I want to know if the same is being done in the U.K, it doesn't have to be a pattern, just tell me if you have seen an Alien movie, because I don't expect anyone to spend that much time infront of TV, and it doesn't even have to be a U.K channel, it could be any channel that is being seen on U.K TV by any means.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.