GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Save The Green Planet"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/04/05 at 23:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I can guarantee that you will have never seen a moie like it. Parts of it yes, but the whole?

Nope.

Weird, funny, sad, thriller, horror, buddy cop? All of the above, but it's in in it's own class.

Very, very good.

I'm going out on a limb here, but i'll say it's one of those movies that will be talked about by people that love movies in general, and aren't movie snobs...
Sat 18/06/05 at 23:21
Regular
Saw this today and really didn't like it, I couldn't actually find it in me to sit through the whole thing.

That is all.
Thu 28/04/05 at 22:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Oldboy is excellent, apparently the director's second in a trilogy of vengeance films.

Another good Korean film I've seen is Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and...Spring. It's the tale of a Buddhist man through different stages of his life. And a house that floats in the middle of a lake. Very very good.
Thu 28/04/05 at 12:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Bejam wrote:
> I'm sure there are plenty of crap Korean films along with the good
> ones, but there's just some good stuff coming from there at the
> moment.

Korean movies apparently fall into two camps. Utter dross, or very good.
Thu 28/04/05 at 11:15
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
monkey_man wrote:
> Why the sudden explosion in Korean films - they allowed culture over
> there now?

A few talented directors with great eyes for stylish film making, some big budgets, some bold and interesting ideas that are just a bit different to the samey old dross we get served up every week from UK/US films.

I'm sure there are plenty of crap Korean films along with the good ones, but there's just some good stuff coming from there at the moment.
Thu 28/04/05 at 10:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Why the sudden explosion in Korean films - they allowed culture over there now?
Thu 28/04/05 at 10:47
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I've had Save the Green Planet on dvd for a couple of weeks now but haven't got around to watching it, gah.

Oldboy was probably the best film I saw last year. I didn't really know anything about it but read a short synopsis which sounded interesting and had heard it won the Grand Prize at Cannes, so went out on a limb and bought the Korean dvd when it came out. Great stuff, and I was pretty pleased when it got some attention here too.
I also saw Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance a couple of weeks ago, I'd recommend that one to anyone too.
Thu 28/04/05 at 10:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> I queued up Old Boy on the recommendation that "it's about a
> Korean man locked up for 15 years for no reason", or something
> like that. Sounds good!

Old Boy was excellent. Quite an unexpected pleasure.
Thu 28/04/05 at 10:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I queued up Old Boy on the recommendation that "it's about a Korean man locked up for 15 years for no reason", or something like that. Sounds good!
Thu 28/04/05 at 00:19
Regular
I put this on my DVD rental list a while back and I don't even know what it is.
Wed 27/04/05 at 23:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I can guarantee that you will have never seen a moie like it. Parts of it yes, but the whole?

Nope.

Weird, funny, sad, thriller, horror, buddy cop? All of the above, but it's in in it's own class.

Very, very good.

I'm going out on a limb here, but i'll say it's one of those movies that will be talked about by people that love movies in general, and aren't movie snobs...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.