GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid Banks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/04/05 at 22:47
Regular
"SOUP!"
So I managed to get £13 overdrawn with my bank account that mysteriously has no overdraft.

Abbey national and anything remotely associated with it should be burned by angry gypsies. They're making me pay back interest because their stupid lack of ability to make a little message saying "you do not have enough cash in your account to draw this money out". I did not sign up for an account with an overdraft, In fact I specifically signed up for one without an overdraft, a 16-18 year olds current account. So now I have to go to my bank tomorrow, a trek in itself, just to pay them back, plus extra, which they shouldn't have let me draw out in the first place.

Blind paraplegic monkeys with head-colds could do a better job.
Fri 29/04/05 at 02:01
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Abbey National does that with me.

I just sent them an e-mail complaining, I added in that Banking Code thing and saying if they don't fix it, I shall take my business elsewhere.

I went £6 overdrawn and paid it back in 3 days and they charged me £30!

Grrr...I might just get another account anyways. Hopefully they'll take it seriously since I get my wages and student loan paid into that account, so it's not like it's an inactive account.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:59
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I agree, banks are stupid.

They don't cater for the working man...

Needing to take out around £580 for my holiday to Florida later in June just the other night. It was my only chance to go and it was shut.

I spit at you all.
Thu 28/04/05 at 14:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
Shut up you filthy drunk.
Thu 28/04/05 at 14:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You shouldn't be poor then.
You damn pleb
Thu 28/04/05 at 13:50
Regular
"SOUP!"
Apparently when I turned 18 my account automatically became a regulat adult Abbey account which gives me a £50 overdraft so I didnt have to pay any fees on it. Bloody stupid though. Grr.
Thu 28/04/05 at 11:44
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
nice one honey
Thu 28/04/05 at 09:30
Regular
"long time"
I used a Natwest cash point last year , tried to take out £100 , not only did it not give me the money but the bank said it had been taken !

After 4 months of messing about and making phone calls , i told them i would be ringing the police as they had stolen my money 2 days later it was back in my account :)
Thu 28/04/05 at 09:24
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Natwest charged me for 60 quid, although i DIDN't spend it on anything!

Banks are pointless.
Thu 28/04/05 at 07:08
Regular
HSBC only charge you if you go over £20. I think. I haven't ever been charged for sneaking over a few quid, my girlfriend went £50 over by accident (drew too much money out by mistake) and got charged. She has also been something like £18 over but didn't get charged.

They'll usually refund you any charges if you complain in writing.
Thu 28/04/05 at 01:23
Regular
Complain to them before you pay anything back, point out the fact that you signed up for a no-overdraft account, and ask them whether they believe their actions to comply with the Banking Code.

The Banking Code is a voluntary set of standards of conduct which most banks choose to sign up to. (Self regulation keeps the government off their backs).
Not sure whether their actions would contravene the banking code, or whether they actually are signed up to it. But it's a good idea to ask. Will suggest to them that you mean business and know what you're talking about, so they should take your complaint seriously.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.