GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh Yes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/04/05 at 18:46
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://viewaskew.com/news/sith/[/URL]

Kevin Smith reviews Revenge of the Sith. I quote: "Revenge of the Sith is, quite simply, f##king awesome..."

Spoilers galore by the way, haven't read it all but the first few paragraphs sound extremely promising. If there's one Star Wars fan's opinion I'm gonna trust, it's gonna be this tubby b|tch's.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm secretely hoping, but my eager Star Wars geekheart has been rendered by the awful, awful realisation that the 2 new films are really boring.

Like they said below, I'll go watch it. I'll convince myself it was actually pretty good. I'll buy the DVD and watch it again. I'll realise with slowly dawning horror that it isn't very good actually and weep bitter tears of sorrow into my star wars hanky.
And then I'll buy the megasuperdeluxe 10 DVD special in 5 yrs time because it has an extra 4 mins of digital dust added to Tattooine.
And I'll hate myself.

Lucas had help writing the first 3 and gave up directing after the 1st.
This time he's independant enough from Hollywood to not bother asking for help and his lackeys aren't going to say "Pssssst, toadneck, the scripts are really really poor and you've messed up good"
For every cool thing that might crop up in Revenge, I think "Midichlorians? Trade Blockades? Podrace? Riding space-cow in romance? Comedy C3P0 moments?"

It'll be good to finally see the saga complete (until the new editions/tv series) but I'm going in with my head down and heart heavy
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:11
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
But mate... Duel of the Fates? Star Destroyers? The Death Star? A robot dude with four lightsabres? Wookiees? No more whiney kids or brattish teenagers? A genuine badass villain who murders kids?

It's gonna rule. It better.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I can't watch it, I've tried a couple of times.
And Phantom Menace, I watch the first 10 mins, skip to the Jango Fett fight in Centerparcs and then jump to the end.
That dreary love-story and half-assed "Why did a bounty-hunter use a bounty-hunter?" pseudo-investigation by Renton is worse than trying to watch a space-bound episode of Rosemary & Thyme
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:02
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Pah, cynics.

Regardless of whether Smith is doing the TV show or not, his description of some of the scenes sound pretty damn rockin'. Besides, before this whole shebang begun again in earnest, we all knew that Episode III would be the best, didn't we? We're going to have a proper villain, yay!

Coincidentally, I'm watching Phantom Menace right now. Yes, right now. Only I can't physically keep my eyes on the screen for longer than a few seconds because it's so awful. Darth Maul and the Pod Race aside, it's the most dreary, joyless, painful experience of my life, and I've got AIDS. Well, I haven't, but I bet it sucks if you do.
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anakin is Vader!!!!!!!
Mathilda has space-sex with Vader and has kids!!!!!!
Obi-Wan figh....

Ah, now I see why the last two Star Wars movies have, in fact, licked balls.
Because there are no spoilers. Because we've already seen how the saga ends!
Vader is reformed before his death, Skywalker becomes a Jedi Master, Obi-Wan is killed by Vader, Leia & Solo cop off, the Jedi defeat The Sith.

Hmmmmmmm...it's almost like the new films are redundant.
Wed 27/04/05 at 22:32
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Not reading it. Not until after I've seen. I've got this far without reading spoilers to mess it up now.
Wed 27/04/05 at 20:10
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> Think Smith has been promised first dibs at directing the TV series?

[URL]http://www.insomniacmania.com/news_default.php?id=1777[/URL]

Hmmm. The penny drops.
Wed 27/04/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Think Smith has been promised first dibs at directing the TV series?
Wed 27/04/05 at 19:42
Regular
"0228"
Joking? Yes?
Wed 27/04/05 at 19:42
Regular
"Mozzy"
I haven't seen all of the Star Wars buit is this one before or after The Empire Strikes Back?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.