GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Maiden Flight - Airbus A380 - Wednesday Morning"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/04/05 at 15:09
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
For anyone who may have been following the development of controvesial Airbus A380, the biggest commecial aircraft ever built. The preliminary tests (engine checks, system checks etc) are rumoured to have been completed in Toulose - France. the maiden flight has been announced as being on Wednesday the 27th.

This will be the defining moment for this European feat of engineering, a lot rests on the success of this giant. Due to the massive publicity, potential customers and passengers will be watching, if anything goes wrong at this event it could proove disasterous for Airbus as the A380 would be remembered as the plane that crashed during its maiden flight. Normally accidents during the testing phase are successfully kept under wraps from the public (and they do happen), however with a live TV broadcast rumoured to be going out in France, and numerous webcasts, this is one risky and massive publicity stunt.

Aviation enthusiasts around the world however, will be watching will held breath to see a 277,000 KG piece of metal take to the sky.

More info [URL]http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=29[/URL]
Mon 25/04/05 at 15:09
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
For anyone who may have been following the development of controvesial Airbus A380, the biggest commecial aircraft ever built. The preliminary tests (engine checks, system checks etc) are rumoured to have been completed in Toulose - France. the maiden flight has been announced as being on Wednesday the 27th.

This will be the defining moment for this European feat of engineering, a lot rests on the success of this giant. Due to the massive publicity, potential customers and passengers will be watching, if anything goes wrong at this event it could proove disasterous for Airbus as the A380 would be remembered as the plane that crashed during its maiden flight. Normally accidents during the testing phase are successfully kept under wraps from the public (and they do happen), however with a live TV broadcast rumoured to be going out in France, and numerous webcasts, this is one risky and massive publicity stunt.

Aviation enthusiasts around the world however, will be watching will held breath to see a 277,000 KG piece of metal take to the sky.

More info [URL]http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=29[/URL]
Mon 25/04/05 at 21:00
Regular
Cool.

I can't see it crashing however, they will of researched and tested so much.

But, time will tell.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:03
Regular
I remember watching the launch on Sky news it was most impressive! I wont fly but it will be great to see if something so big can actually fly.
Tue 26/04/05 at 22:04
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I participated in user trials for this plane back in 2000/2001. Basically, all we had to do was carry a bag up flights of stairs for a couple of mornings. They changed the layout of the stairs to see which was more efficient in getting all the passengers in quickly.

Got £50 for it, which was nice. :)

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing how it gets on.
Wed 27/04/05 at 10:43
Regular
"you've got a beard"
how come the website has pictures of it flying already?
does the maiden flight not include tests or something? still, it'd be something to see a machine that size get off the floor.
Wed 27/04/05 at 10:52
Regular
Those pictures were taken today.

Bloody impressive, well done to Airbus for pulling it off.

Wouldn't mind a trip on it actually.
Wed 27/04/05 at 12:54
Regular
doesent look that big in the sky, its a impressive plane all the same though, but not for me! I like to keep my feet firmly on the ground. I was recently down to Birmingham and where we were staying is under a flight path? any how every time a plane flew over really low all my family shot outside and looked up in awe! I think planes are fascinating, but scarey at the same time.
Wed 27/04/05 at 12:57
Regular
Yeah I love the things, and fly in them every year.

I also have a fear of flying :|
Wed 27/04/05 at 16:06
Regular
"\\"
I really don't think I could fly with a calm mind knowing that the wings were doing this:

[URL]http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=826022&size=M&sok=JURER%20%20%28nvepensg_trarevp%20YVXR%20%27Nveohf%20N380%25%27%29%20%20BEQRE%20OL%20cubgb_vq%20QRFP&photo_nr=3&tbl=[/URL]
Wed 27/04/05 at 16:32
Wow, I'd buy one of those to start up my new airline company.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.