GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Amazon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/04/05 at 21:08
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Does anyone here buy DVDs off of Amazon? I have bought a fair few off of them and it seems to me that lately i keep getting messages in coming up about items in my basket, like "Layer Cake has increased from £14.99 to £20.99"

I get so many messages like this and its a shame because i used to use amazon a lot but if their prices are so high like this i am going to stop using them

Does anyone else get these messages?
Wed 27/04/05 at 16:29
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Heh, thats funny, since i posted this i had a message in my Amazon basket saying '24:season 1 has been reduced from 37.99 to 34.46' or something along those lines anyway. Basically something has actually been reduced
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:29
Marketplace charges way over the top for P&P. Not the fault of sellers, just Amazon. boo
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:06
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
If anyone goes on Marketplace and is going to buy something off of 'selectdvds' I wouldnt recommend it. I ordered a film from them on the 15th April, they 'promised' they would dispatch on the 19th and i still havent got it on the 26th. I emailed them and they said it takes 2-4 days. Even if it took the full 4 days plus 2 days of the weekend it should still be here by now and it isnt.
Mon 25/04/05 at 13:32
Regular
"Excellent"
I think its quite good
Team America DVD 11.99
Oasis-Dont Believe The Truth-8.49
White Stripes-Get Behind Me Satan-8.49
Coldplay-X&Y-8.49

ALL I HAVE PRE-ORDERED

Good Enough?
Mon 25/04/05 at 10:41
Regular
What CDouch said.

I sometimes order something new, for special occasions.
And sometimes it works out cheaper if you get an order large enough to skip postage. :-)
Mon 25/04/05 at 10:30
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I normally use the market sellers instead of Amazon and it's pretty much the same standard service you receive from the actual site. However, one time I just never received the book I ordered and couldn't do anything about it.

Like eBay, check the feedback. Everyone else (a lot) that I've dealt with though it have been fine.
Sun 24/04/05 at 22:51
Regular
"Craziest Col"
Amazon reliable?

They took over 2 months to get a book to me. Would of took longer but I cancelled.
Sun 24/04/05 at 22:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yes, click Used & New for alternate sellers.

Free listings, only charged once sold, which is a very tempting offer.

I get CDs there for about £3-6.
Sun 24/04/05 at 22:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The Amazon 'New & Used' thing is really good, and you always find anything that Amazon sells cheaper on there. It's free listing too, which encourages sellers.
Sun 24/04/05 at 21:51
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
If i wanted to sell a film would i be in the Marketplace?

Is the Marketplace when you click on Used & New?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.