GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rooney"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/04/05 at 17:28
Regular
"es argh"
Sweet lord, class goal.

Slightly worse than LuaLua's though.
Wed 27/04/05 at 19:57
Regular
"kill or be killed"
Rooney - the most overated footballer ever
Wed 27/04/05 at 11:10
Regular
"Long time no see!"
While we're on the subject of Porky Pies scoring absolute crackers this season, I recall Andy Reid scoring a 35-yarder from a near-impossible angle on the half-valley for Spurs against (...someone?) only a month or two ago...

I doubt any of you will remember it though (other than Li'l Bro, of course!) because as he struck the ball the referee had already blown his whistle to go against Tottenham's favour, as a matter of fact. ;)

It's hard to say whether that goal was 'better' than Rooney's most recent effort or not. Reidy's strike was all about technique, where as Wayneeeerrs just put his swollen peg behind the pig-skin and 'it it one, with all that'd been building up inside him that day...

The commentary team seemed to have a way of almost 'jinxing' players on that day though - as they have often seemed to, this season...
Moments before Tim Howard's latest howler, Andy Gray was only applauding the yankee-boy for the work he had done so far, up to that point. :P
Mon 25/04/05 at 22:56
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Yes, Edman's owns it. Obv.
Mon 25/04/05 at 16:58
Regular
"0228"
No it doesn't. Edman is #1.
Mon 25/04/05 at 12:26
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
A wondergoal for sure. A piledriver as they say. Certainly rivals Edman for GOTM.
Mon 25/04/05 at 09:37
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Newcastle would have won if it wasn't for Rooney, he inspired us with that strike which is something we need more often, when the chips are down you need your main players to perform and lift the team - something we have lacked sincerely this season.

What a strike though, he had a dead leg at the time too :)

P.S. Badgerman decent performance by Pompey, I watched the game on Sky Lua Lua was unstoppable even when he was injured!
Mon 25/04/05 at 09:14
Regular
To be honest I was actually expecting Newcastle to win and they would have done if it wasn't for Rooneys strike.
Mon 25/04/05 at 02:29
Regular
Mav wrote:
> And Ronaldo, and Heinze...

Er you are kinda missing the point.

Ronaldo was left out by choice but was available for selection on the bench, Heinze started the game.

Suspensions aside we were missing from the squad:

Bramble
Babayaro
Hughes
Taylor
Faye
Butt
Jenas
Dyer

Kluivert was half fit if you are including Ronaldo in the injury list.

Including suspensions

Bowyer

Man Utd missing through injury

Ruud

Now for a team that struggles defensively even with a full 11 I think we can see why the commentators were emphasing on Newcastle's.
Sun 24/04/05 at 22:58
Phwoar...

The only time I've ever used that word, ever.

And well-deserved, I'd say, what a goal.

Remember after the Spain match, Sven Goran Erikson said they couldn't take the aggression out of Rooney, as it was a large and important part of his game, and that he just needed to channel his aggression?

I think this was a clear example of it. Although he did get booked, he then showed why he was such a great player, and absolutely hammered it in. Amazing.

And that's why he won the PFA Young Player of the Year award.
Sun 24/04/05 at 22:52
Regular
Pah, Rooney's goal was FAR better than either of Lua Lua's.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.