GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I the only person..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Tue 09/11/04 at 22:40
"High polygon count"
...who's having real trouble getting interested in GTA:SA?

I dunno what it is. I loved GTA3 and Vice City - still do, in fact. But I just can't get any real interest in San Andreas.

Maybe it's the music? I have to admit the first thing I do when I get into a car in this game is turn the radio off! I like hip-hop and rap, but I just don't recall most of the tracks in the game. Maybe they're a little too US-inspired and weren't that big elsewhere?
Thu 11/11/04 at 14:14
"High polygon count"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Now that I have a PSTwo, I'll be able to check out Killzone too. I've
> never looked at it as a 'Halo-killer' and because of that, it's
> shaping up very nicely, although I've heard there are some AI
> issues...

Same with Halo 2, though. This from a review of Halo 2 on BBC's site...

"The only downside here is the AI of Halo 2. It fails to live up to the rest of game.

Enemies shelter if they come under fire, but too often they just crouch behind cover, making it easy to sneak up and shoot them."

But they do say that it's a very good game, regardless.
Wed 10/11/04 at 21:19
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I'm kinda having the same problem, i can get into it but i'm not as addicited to as it, like i was to GTA3 or Vice City. It just isn't what it's cracked up to be, i was expecting alot more, don't ask me what because i wont be able to tell you. :/
Wed 10/11/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I like the Radio apart from the talk shows but then i do love the old Hip Hop but then that could just be me being a fanboy of Slick Rick and after hearing Children's Story wouldn't hear a bad word about the radio ever again :-D

I do agree though that the talk station is crap, bring Lazlow back in as permanent host dammit
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:32
Regular
Well it won't be to everyone's tastes, but if you'r interested in Killzone, I have a feeling you should keep an eye on Halo 2.

Now that I have a PSTwo, I'll be able to check out Killzone too. I've never looked at it as a 'Halo-killer' and because of that, it's shaping up very nicely, although I've heard there are some AI issues...
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:23
"High polygon count"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Probably won't be for some time though - what with a certain Xbox
> game being officially released tomorrow...

Oh, that...

I'm still not sure about that. Got bored with the first and haven't touched it in ages. It's for sale on eBay at the moment, along with several other old titles. As for the 2nd installment... I'll wait and see. Maybe if I can get someone to buy it for me for Xmas. More interested in Killzone and a few other titles at the moment!
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:35
Regular
As much as I enjoyed this game when playing it, I haven't gone back to it since Sunday. Even though I'm apparently not far off from Las Venturas, I can't really be bothered going back to it. Oh well, it's not going anywhere so I can go back to it whenever.

Probably won't be for some time though - what with a certain Xbox game being officially released tomorrow...
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Thought Vice City was pretty crap. Radio is alright, too many filler stations though. It has Rage, Primal Scream and Stone Roses. Woohoo

I like the game... getting bored of driving everywhere just to fail a mission and then travel there again.
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The music is one of the best things there. So far I've heard Public Enemy and The Pharcyde for rap, Guns n Roses and Black Sabbath for rock, and some excellent old country numbers. Really atmospheric - which is the point. Also, does the bloke who does Bender's voice in Futurama do some of the people in the street? I vaguely recall someone telling me this a while back, and I heard someone that sounds just like him the other day.

So far it's been a fantastic experience. Flying a plane at night into uncharted territory, only to get shot down and bailing into a river by a fighter jet, then chased by police 4x4s shining their lights into the water, stealing a motorbike and heading for the mountain, helicopters hitting trees, cars falling off the mountain...excellent, feels like I am Richard Kimble!

Oh, and I loved GTA3, but wasn't too keen on Vice City. This is a return to form for me and my opinion.
Tue 09/11/04 at 23:33
"period drama"
SA radio does suck pretty hard - a shadow of Vice City.

I kinda feel the same as you, Wook. It's like I should be getting on with things now really, but just go off driving for no particular reason, not even really enjoying it.
Hmmm ... it all seems a bit like a chore sometimes.
Tue 09/11/04 at 23:23
Regular
"Balls"
WCTR ithink its called is funny. The best bit which i heard for the first time was the exploder star who shoots the bloke in the head. Me and my mate drove into the sea as we laughed so hard and didn't pay attention to the road.

'His brain is leaking!'

But the best music has to be radio X in my oppinion. Then K-rose for the country.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.