GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD to MP3?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/04/05 at 17:31
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Hi, I'm now after some help on converting DVD music files into MP3s (seeing as how my original thread appears to have dropped faster than Leeds United last season!).

What sort of programs are available (via the web, for FREE...) with which I can do such things?

---

While I'm here, I'd also like some suugestions as to how to correct a problem I am having with DVD playback. Whenever I attempt to play a DVD, whichever program I use, the picture and sound quality is good but it jumps all over the place during play.

I've tried things suggested in the FAQs, such as enabling the hardware acceleration and that, but I still have this problem.

Have you ever experienced this problem after having installed a brand-new DVD-RW drive? What advice can you give me? Are they any other 'things' I should try?

Thanks, once again, for all your help and advice. :)

Much appreciated!
Wed 11/05/05 at 14:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I am happy to spend a little time doing this, so 'the long-way' is an option for me.
Wed 11/05/05 at 14:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Virtual Dub, eh?

From where might one be able to obtain such a thing, if you'll please?

I donwloaded something recently, but, since it won't install, I reckon I may have gotten my pixelated hands on the wrong thing. :)
Mon 02/05/05 at 18:34
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Well, not sure about your playback problems. But VirtualDub allows the audio to be ripped from a video file. Probably can't do it straight from a DVD but you could do it from another format if you've got the time to convert. There probably is a faster way and VirtualDub is very flexible so it's possible you could just use that straight. Hope that was helpful.

Plus VirtualDub is free.
Wed 27/04/05 at 11:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yes, I do mean MP3. Unless, perhaps, there is some way of converting an MP4 into MP3...? :o

Chipseh has the idea; I just want to be able to take files/tracks from live music DVDs and convert them into music-only files, without the video, with MP3 the preferred choice.

Just out of interest Chipseh, what sort of prices are we talking with regards to a decent and reliable program that may be able to do such a wonderful thing?
It's not just one or two coversions I'm looking at here; it'll be a few several DVDs in time, I'm sure, as more are released. I've already got 4 or 5 I'd like to try.

Thanks, to you. :)
Sun 24/04/05 at 14:32
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
No, I'm pretty sure he wants an MP3 copy... I assume you have a concert or similar on DVD?

Hmm... you could just get a cable, plug it into your PC's Sound Card and record using that... it won't be amazing quality, but it works. I ended up doing this, due to the fact that the only programs I found were either trial copies (and limited), uber-expensive or were plain crap.
Sat 23/04/05 at 23:03
Regular
DVD to MP3? Don't you mean to MP4?

Converting to MP3 would mean changing a video file into an audio file, I'm not even sure that's possible

Sorry man
Sat 23/04/05 at 17:34
Regular
"NULL"
Can you give us any indications as to what your PC is like? Is it a self-build? If so, what components?
Sat 23/04/05 at 17:31
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Hi, I'm now after some help on converting DVD music files into MP3s (seeing as how my original thread appears to have dropped faster than Leeds United last season!).

What sort of programs are available (via the web, for FREE...) with which I can do such things?

---

While I'm here, I'd also like some suugestions as to how to correct a problem I am having with DVD playback. Whenever I attempt to play a DVD, whichever program I use, the picture and sound quality is good but it jumps all over the place during play.

I've tried things suggested in the FAQs, such as enabling the hardware acceleration and that, but I still have this problem.

Have you ever experienced this problem after having installed a brand-new DVD-RW drive? What advice can you give me? Are they any other 'things' I should try?

Thanks, once again, for all your help and advice. :)

Much appreciated!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.