GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Putting a Hard Drive In The PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/11/04 at 12:12
Regular
"Back For Good"
I've heard that it is now possible to back up PS1 and PS2 games onto a hard drive and run them on your PS2. The network adapter is needed obviously for the hard drive connection but I'm unsure of what software you need to run the games.

As far as I know you put the hard drive in your PC, copy the games accross using somesort of ripping software (if protected) then simply put the hard drive in your PS2. How good will this be to avoid heavy loading times and old playstation games will load quicker than ever.

Can someone just fill me in on what I need to achieve this.

Thanks,
Danny
Wed 10/11/04 at 13:57
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It's possible for PS2 games, not PS1. You need HDloader or HDadvance, and HDloader at least has been discontinued.

Personally I install my imports via a swap disc, but I know it can be done with a PC. You just need some special utility to do the transferring. You'll need to find that yourself as I don't need it.
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:12
Regular
"Back For Good"
I've heard that it is now possible to back up PS1 and PS2 games onto a hard drive and run them on your PS2. The network adapter is needed obviously for the hard drive connection but I'm unsure of what software you need to run the games.

As far as I know you put the hard drive in your PC, copy the games accross using somesort of ripping software (if protected) then simply put the hard drive in your PS2. How good will this be to avoid heavy loading times and old playstation games will load quicker than ever.

Can someone just fill me in on what I need to achieve this.

Thanks,
Danny

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.