GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ebay Scams..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/04/05 at 20:13
Regular
": ("
I remember someone bought a Xbox Box on Ebay ages ago not knowing that they were only paying for an empty box, is this allowed? Surely people shouldn't be able to do that kind of thing even if they did say it was a box.

And what about those people who say if you win this auction they will give you a link to a website where you can get loads of stuff cheap, surely they shouldn't be able to do that?
Thu 21/04/05 at 20:13
Regular
I remember someone bought a Xbox Box on Ebay ages ago not knowing that they were only paying for an empty box, is this allowed? Surely people shouldn't be able to do that kind of thing even if they did say it was a box.

And what about those people who say if you win this auction they will give you a link to a website where you can get loads of stuff cheap, surely they shouldn't be able to do that?
Thu 21/04/05 at 20:29
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Thats Life really.

A lot of people "shouldn't" do a lot of things. But they do.
Thu 21/04/05 at 20:32
Regular
And what about the people who sell copied games, CDs and DVDs? I just recently got mugged off by some fool who sold me a copied version of Football Manager 2005, can't I just ask for my money back and keep the game he sent me? He can't go to Ebay and moan because he shouldn't have done it in the first place.
Thu 21/04/05 at 20:34
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Yeh but by doing the whole ebay thing you're putting yourself at risk to start with.

A lot of people bend/break the rules, you need to be careful.

I'm not sure what you can do... Depends how bothered you are. For a game...which isn't great anyway, I'd just leave it and learn some kind of lesson from it. The lesson you learn is up to you :-)
Thu 21/04/05 at 20:37
Regular
Im not gonna do anything about it, but if it happens again i'll report the seller to Ebay.
Thu 21/04/05 at 20:43
Regular
They're actually allowed to sell Boxes and Copied stuff providing they said it was and it doesn't break any eBay rules, which it usuall doesn't.

Read the description v. carefully
Thu 21/04/05 at 20:44
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Stridman wrote:
> Im not gonna do anything about it, but if it happens again i'll report
> the seller to Ebay.

Did the listing say 'copy' or 'backup?' If it didn't email them back saying that they've sold you goods that did not comply to the listing.

If they moan tell them that you'll report them to eBay for breaking their rules and for breaking the law. If they have a high feedback total then they'll almost certainly go with you.
Thu 21/04/05 at 20:47
Regular
"8==="
Amazon.
Thu 21/04/05 at 20:48
Regular
"bot"
Stridman wrote:
> I remember someone bought a Xbox Box on Ebay ages ago not
> knowing that they were only paying for an empty box, is this allowed?
> Surely people shouldn't be able to do that kind of thing even if they
> did say it was a box.

If a person doesn't read the description properly that's their problem.
The description said "xbox box" and was therefore accurate.
Thu 21/04/05 at 20:50
Regular
Theres no point now, well, I don't think there is.

Because it was copied I had loads of trouble getting it to work but thankfully someone on these forums helped me out and I got it working, but I still have problems with it sometimes and i'm a bit annoyed that I payed £109 for this game when I could have got it brand new from Amazon for an extra fiver.

It's kinda my fault for buying from Ebay in the first place, but its supposed to be safe and the guy I bought it from is breaking the rules as he didn't say it was copied and said it was new.

I did tell him I had problems getting it to work but when I managed to get it working I e-mailed him back saying it works fine now and that he should forget about it, I even left positive feedback, but that was before I tried playing the game.

So it is partly my fault and im quite happy to leave it this time but if it happens to me again im gonna pawn his fat ass with an air rifle.

EDIT| £10, not £109.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.