GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"T.V programmes made in to games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/04/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Footballers wives would be a bit like red card footbal
Wed 16/11/05 at 16:12
Regular
"Catch it!"
Ha Eastenders would have great fights and people being shot. One minute there would be a massive fight in the street. And the next having a nice drink in the pub.
Wed 16/11/05 at 13:37
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Corrination Street, Eastenders or Emerdale!

They'd make such great beat-'em-ups!
Wed 16/11/05 at 00:02
Regular
"Catch it!"
The Ghost Squad would make a great game.
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:45
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
There is one thing about TV > game conversions that makes the end game really terrible, and that's when they try to follow the show too precisely. There is only one game that I can think of which has avoided this problem by not following the story so closely, and that's goldenEye. Fair enough it's not a TV series, but it's a film. And although it is very similar, it is also very different, simply because if it was too similar, it'd be total pants.

If they followed the storyline so strictly that they made the game crap, just think of how different it would be:
- The Dam level wouldn't be in the game, or it'd be very short, simply jumping off the end of the dam.
- Runway would be very difficult to put into the game, let alone play
- Silo doesn't actually feature in the film
- Surface and Bunker, although they feature in the film, don't involve Bond in the way the game does and hence would be pointless or very boring
- Depot and train levels in the game wouldn't exist, neither would Jungle in the way that it does
- Where are the Caverns in the film?

Oh, and I suppose I'd better ammend a TV show which would be a good game ... erm ... 60 Seconds (news show on BBC Three)
Fri 04/11/05 at 20:04
Regular
"youngest regular"
Time commanders!
Oh wait.......
Fri 04/11/05 at 19:58
Regular
"Catch it!"
Jackass think that would make a great game.
Fri 04/11/05 at 16:15
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The Krypton Factor.
Thu 13/10/05 at 01:41
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> America's Dumbest Criminals! I can see a lot of potential in that.
>
> Takeshi's Castle would be great too, for anyone who watches that.

*Comeswithfreecrashhelmet!
Sat 08/10/05 at 21:22
Regular
"8==="
Babylon 5 - especially if they kept a lot of the humour.
Sat 08/10/05 at 20:27
Regular
"What's basketball?"
America's Dumbest Criminals! I can see a lot of potential in that.

Takeshi's Castle would be great too, for anyone who watches that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.