GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sin City"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/04/05 at 01:56
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
With thanks to Pandy.
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/[/URL]
Wed 20/04/05 at 16:02
Regular
"Twenty quid."
A mate of mine ( [URL]http://www.btinternet.com/~pig.foetus/graph.htm[/URL] ) has told me to read Sin City many times but I've never gotten round to it ... now I feel I must.

I saw an advert for this movie and thought "Hmm, I might go and see that" ... now I feel I must.
Wed 20/04/05 at 13:52
Regular
I've heard that he wants to do a trilogy. Not sure if it's true.
Wed 20/04/05 at 13:50
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Also, apparently, they've filmed the ENTIRE stories, but they cut
> them down in the cinema release. The reason? So they can release the
> editors full cut on DVD. Awesome.

Hmmm, I heard RR was wanting to do a sequel, including the rest of the stories. If what you've said above is true, that's really good news.
Wed 20/04/05 at 13:42
Regular
Aye, I was sitting watching all the way through thinking "that angle is EXACTLY like the comic"

Also, apparently, they've filmed the ENTIRE stories, but they cut them down in the cinema release. The reason? So they can release the editors full cut on DVD. Awesome.
Wed 20/04/05 at 13:40
Regular
There's a really cool comparison thingy online somewhere.
Wed 20/04/05 at 13:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Reefer wrote:
> I thought it was "The Customer Is Always Right" at the start
> that he directed.

No, Rodriguez directed that as a showreel for Miller, as he was unwilling to let the Sin City rights go due to previous screwed up adaptations. Rodriguez basically said "Here's a showreel, this will be how the movie will look. If you like it, I want to direct it with you, if you don't, it'll be a gift that you can show your friends and family"

He liked it (obviously.)

[edit] I'm busy re-reading my collection of the comics. It's amazing just how well they have translated to the screen.

[edit2] [URL]http://img142.echo.cx/img142/9923/sc0tg.jpg[/URL] for those not in the know, this is what the comic looks like.
Wed 20/04/05 at 12:57
Regular
I thought it was "The Customer Is Always Right" at the start that he directed.
Wed 20/04/05 at 12:35
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Pachanga wrote:
> I love that film. Did Tarantino direct a scene for a dollar?

Yeah, Because Rodrigez scored Kill Bill vol 2 for $1. It's the scene with Dwight and Jackie boy in the car.
Wed 20/04/05 at 12:26
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
I love that film. Did Tarantino direct a scene for a dollar?
Wed 20/04/05 at 11:03
Regular
Sin City ruled.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.