GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Simpsons"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/04/05 at 13:46
Regular
"Excellent"
I Am starting this thread to see if there is anyone who does NOT like the Simpsons i personally think it is the greatest T.V. programme ever but i was just curious
Thu 21/04/05 at 17:15
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Lard Funkelstein wrote:
> The Simpsons was good from about series 2-10. Before was retro drawing
> which wasn't great but now the humour's too random and ir's stretched
> too far, it's paper thin now.
>
> I have 'poor mans tv' and so have never really had the chance to
> watch Family Guy, nor do I have the money to dish out on expensive
> box-sets to test if it's good
>
> Futurama is good and I especially like the jokes relating to the
> present, e.g We complain about mail taking days, they express it in
> seconds.
>
> The Simpsons was a classic show when it was the exploits of an
> ordinary believable family. Futurama is funny but not
> laugh-out-loud-edly so.
>
> Family Guy lacks Groening's genius and a terrestrial licence :(

Its a real shame they stopped making Futurama, i thought it was better than The Simpsons.
Thu 21/04/05 at 17:14
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Sax o mo phone.... sax o mo phone
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:54
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Or was 'Deep Deep Trouble' first?
Wed 20/04/05 at 20:17
Regular
And 'I Didn't Do It'
Tue 19/04/05 at 23:09
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Since 'Do The Bartman'.
Tue 19/04/05 at 22:50
Regular
Hopefully the movie will be like the older series.

The new ones are funny in places, but they just seem too unbelievable and stupid.

One I recently watched through torrent had Bart suddenly becoming a rapper. Since when could Bart rap?
Tue 19/04/05 at 22:44
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
We've still got the movie to come. Although I'm not sure if that's still after the series finishes or not.
Tue 19/04/05 at 22:42
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
It will feel very strange when they actually stop making them, although they have dropped in quality, I still enjoy watching them. I bet they will still be shown 30 years down the line.
Tue 19/04/05 at 22:03
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I don't like the new episodes much when I first see them, but I'm starting to find they grow on me with repeat viewing.

There's still some funny stuff, it's just they're running out of ideas (which has to happen when it's been going for so long).
Tue 19/04/05 at 20:24
Regular
"0228"
I still find the newer Simpsons episodes funny, they may be a different style of comedy to the early episodes but not worse in my opinion. Futurama is just brilliant, always funny. I don't really see the fuss about Family Guy, people say it's brilliant but from the few episodes I've seen it's nothing special.

*awaits abuse*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.