GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Game] MySims Agents - Review "

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'MySims Agents'.
Sat 17/10/09 at 13:23
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
MySims Agents is the fifth series/game out created by MySims and those who also create The Sims - EA as with their sim language. But, you get subtitles in your language - whichever that may be. An agent (you) rise from a little town detective to become a special agent. With this game you cannot transfer your sim from any other MySims games.

The game starts by you choosing your gender of character, their name and what clothes they wear. Throughout the game you unlock more clothes for your wardrobe.
You are given at the start a simple magnifying glass, a wrench and a crowbar.(On the D-pad) These will help you solve each and every case. Each of these items upgrades on one particular level - I'm not telling you as it will spoil it for you. As well as a notebook, which will help you if you forget what you're suppose to do next.

The story starts by you (boy or girl) solving the case of who does the dog (Dogwood) belong to - well the tutorial, either Morcubus or Poppy. As it is as tutorial, it explains what you need to do and how. You also have a friend called Buddy to help you. Once this is completed a Special Agent Walker talks to you about what he's seen - your detective work - and so offers you the job of a special agent if you solve a few more cases. You go around the town and find these cases to solve. After that, you are hired as a special agent to find out about the corrupt Morcucorp CEO. You uncover theat he's after the nightmarecrown!! Oh yeah and you get your very own headquarters!

Once you are inside your headquarters you can recruit friends - Sims you meet in each adventure - to solve cases that do not need you to solve. Each friend is better at different things. These are; Sport, Nature, Aliens, Charisma and intelligence. Choose wisely which group of friends should take on a case. When assigned to a case, they will call you with updates and you make some of the deicsions for them on how to handle that particular situation. If selected right, the team will successfully complete that case. If not, then it's a failure. You may also decorate rooms to increase these characteristics.

Throughout the game there are 4 different puzzles for you to solve. These are; lock picking, forensics, computer hacking and repair work. The difficulty of these increases throughout the game. You weren't expecting it to be easy did you? Older people will find these remotely easy. However, the negative of this game is that younger people will easily get stuck - as I found out with my 4 and 8 year old cousins.

The graphics have improved from the others games. Each level is completely different from the last you ventured in. The environment is in 3D. The graphics make the game - for me - a bit like a comic book. Which i find rather funny. Yet, it suits the game. What i also find funny is how they run. To me they run as if they've got cardboard attached to their legs.

The game also has alot of humourus dialog, which most people do find funny. Although, some people don't find it at all funny.

On the negative side there is no time limit or deaths... so you could just fall of a roof and not die.

Overall i give it 9/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 17/10/09 at 13:23
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
MySims Agents is the fifth series/game out created by MySims and those who also create The Sims - EA as with their sim language. But, you get subtitles in your language - whichever that may be. An agent (you) rise from a little town detective to become a special agent. With this game you cannot transfer your sim from any other MySims games.

The game starts by you choosing your gender of character, their name and what clothes they wear. Throughout the game you unlock more clothes for your wardrobe.
You are given at the start a simple magnifying glass, a wrench and a crowbar.(On the D-pad) These will help you solve each and every case. Each of these items upgrades on one particular level - I'm not telling you as it will spoil it for you. As well as a notebook, which will help you if you forget what you're suppose to do next.

The story starts by you (boy or girl) solving the case of who does the dog (Dogwood) belong to - well the tutorial, either Morcubus or Poppy. As it is as tutorial, it explains what you need to do and how. You also have a friend called Buddy to help you. Once this is completed a Special Agent Walker talks to you about what he's seen - your detective work - and so offers you the job of a special agent if you solve a few more cases. You go around the town and find these cases to solve. After that, you are hired as a special agent to find out about the corrupt Morcucorp CEO. You uncover theat he's after the nightmarecrown!! Oh yeah and you get your very own headquarters!

Once you are inside your headquarters you can recruit friends - Sims you meet in each adventure - to solve cases that do not need you to solve. Each friend is better at different things. These are; Sport, Nature, Aliens, Charisma and intelligence. Choose wisely which group of friends should take on a case. When assigned to a case, they will call you with updates and you make some of the deicsions for them on how to handle that particular situation. If selected right, the team will successfully complete that case. If not, then it's a failure. You may also decorate rooms to increase these characteristics.

Throughout the game there are 4 different puzzles for you to solve. These are; lock picking, forensics, computer hacking and repair work. The difficulty of these increases throughout the game. You weren't expecting it to be easy did you? Older people will find these remotely easy. However, the negative of this game is that younger people will easily get stuck - as I found out with my 4 and 8 year old cousins.

The graphics have improved from the others games. Each level is completely different from the last you ventured in. The environment is in 3D. The graphics make the game - for me - a bit like a comic book. Which i find rather funny. Yet, it suits the game. What i also find funny is how they run. To me they run as if they've got cardboard attached to their legs.

The game also has alot of humourus dialog, which most people do find funny. Although, some people don't find it at all funny.

On the negative side there is no time limit or deaths... so you could just fall of a roof and not die.

Overall i give it 9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.