GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kazaa help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/04/05 at 22:25
Regular
"0228"
Ok, today I downloaded Kazaa because I've heard it's a useful little programme and it's free so I had nothing to lose.

Anyway, I got to a point where have two icons on my desktop, one labled Kazaa with the Kazaa logo, and the other is My shared folder. When I click on the main Kazaa icon a small window open up that says initalising media player, loading welcome page, etc. but then nothing happens apart from the appearance of a small Kazaa icon next to the clock at the bottom of the screen. When I put the mouse over it, it disappears.

What am I doing wrong?
Sun 17/04/05 at 22:25
Regular
I'm assuming my subliminal message had no effect, oh well. Have fun with limewire :s
Sun 17/04/05 at 20:57
Regular
"0228"
I've replaced Kazaa with limewire now. All is good.
Sun 17/04/05 at 20:52
Regular
"Pwned"
JFH wrote:
> Ok, today I downloaded Kazaa because I've heard it's a useful little
> programme and it's free so I had nothing to lose.
>
> Anyway, I got to a point where have two icons on my desktop, one
> labled Kazaa with the Kazaa logo, and the other is My shared folder.
> When I click on the main Kazaa icon a small window open up that says
> initalising media player, loading welcome page, etc. but then nothing
> happens apart from the appearance of a small Kazaa icon next to the
> clock at the bottom of the screen. When I put the mouse over it, it
> disappears.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You may have some anti-adware thing installed on your pc. Because the free version of Kazaa depends on advertising, you must disable the software in order to run Kazaa properly. Or you may have a firewall installed which prevents Kazaa from connecting to the internet. In this case, you should grant access to Kazaa. If none of these things work, I would suggest reinstalling kazza, or getting help from the website.
Sun 17/04/05 at 20:47
Regular
Can anyone post a link to downloading limewire?

Kazaa sucks because it has way too many extras and takes up loads of space. Win MX is good for music but the videos aren't great.
Sun 17/04/05 at 20:34
Regular
A-R-E-S.
Sun 17/04/05 at 13:40
Regular
"-_-"
I tried win MX thought it was appaling. Then tried kazaa thought it was better but not great, then i tried limewire....how i love it.
Sun 17/04/05 at 00:30
Regular
Kazaa has been blocked from working on XP SP2.
Sun 17/04/05 at 00:26
Regular
Try using WinMx you don't get loads of extra files stuck on your desktop etc

I think it's better, or maybe it isn't I haven't used kazaa for ages.

And with Win Mx you're less likely to catch viruses
Sat 16/04/05 at 22:41
Regular
"I'm Great."
I'm with Shareza and has not sent me wrong as of late. Have not tried Limewire so might be worth trying both.
Sat 16/04/05 at 22:40
Regular
"0228"
Ta. Limewire makes far more sense.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.