GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OFFICIAL HALF LIFE 2 THREAD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Thu 11/11/04 at 16:07
Regular
"I'm busy"
Hey peeps,

tell us what you want in the game, your experiences maybe your computer spec perhaps.

share the gift of half life
Sun 28/11/04 at 19:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Athlon 64 3500 +
Geforce 5600 fx golden sample
1gb ram

Smmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooooootttttttttthhhhhhhhhh
Sun 28/11/04 at 18:55
Regular
"the burning sky"
These are my settings, running most things on Mid/High.

XP2400+
256MB PC2700 DDR (getting a 512 soonish)
80GB HDD
GeForce 9600 128mb (I think)
Sat 27/11/04 at 07:59
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hush now.

Anyhoo...

I dunno about building a super PC.

Too much cash for moi, I mean, I've already spent around £450 just upgrading my one and I still need to spend more...

£220 I broke after though... Which wasn't too clever...
Fri 26/11/04 at 22:40
Regular
"I'm busy"
This is the official official Half life 2 thread
Thu 11/11/04 at 16:59
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Robiow wrote:
> Hey peeps,
>
> tell us what you want in the game, your experiences maybe your
> computer spec perhaps.
>
> share the gift of half life

All braced, not the most amazing PC, but definatley do the job whilst I'm building my Super PC;)

Currently:

XP2400+
1GB PC2700 DDR
40GB/80GB HDD's
X800Pro VIVO (16pipes)

Part way through (though waiting for n4/R200 Mobo's) I'll have:

4000+ AMD64
2x120 GB SATA
2GB Corsair PC3200 DDR
(Dependent on Mobo either:) Saph Toxic X800XT PE or 2x Gainward GLH 6800GT's (clocked to Ultra in SLI!!;))

What am I expecting from HL2? Not sure yet, more interested in the physics engine tbh. Will have hours of fun just exploring the limitations of what you can interact with in the game.

Will probably end up with a divorce by the time I've finished the game!;)
Thu 11/11/04 at 16:26
Regular
"I'm busy"
well, I'll get the ball rolling

I've got a
Pentium 3.4 HT with 800 FSB and 1mb cache
250 gig hardrive
512mb DDR Ram (need more I know)
ATI radeon X800pro

top it all off, a 17 flat screen
Thanks to the guys at work, I got a very good deal and finance scheme.
It's not a bad system, but does jump in places when play medal of honour (the new demo) I'm pretty sure this is due to bandwith problems with the hardrive being on the same IDE as the DVD rewriter and DVD drive. Play from a Disk should hopefully solve this.
The movies look great on this game, and they make sure the game will work on most systems (direct X 6 and above)
It's the physics that get me going on this game, whoever developed Ragdoll physics require a firm, but gentle pat on the back.
Just split up with my girlfriend whilst on holiday, not the place to do something like that, and would you believe it wasn't planned either, Halo 2 and Half life 2 at the same time, almost make's the lonelyness go away... but not quite.
Thu 11/11/04 at 16:07
Regular
"I'm busy"
Hey peeps,

tell us what you want in the game, your experiences maybe your computer spec perhaps.

share the gift of half life

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.