GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help on buying a new PC"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/04/05 at 17:12
Sun 17/04/05 at 14:01
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Okay, find out exactly what you want, and then tell us, and I for one will go away and do a system spec up for you so you can compare things like prices.

Ps. Socket 754 is currently not used much, as socket 939 is using the later Winchester, San Diego and Venice Cores, and Turion isn't out yet, will probably be expensive and won't find such a huge majority, even amongst overclockers, (and even the already out Winchesters are going from strength to strength), whereas the newest socket 939 chipsets, San Diego and Venice are looking great, with huge overclocking potential, at low voltages and low temperatures!

And stick away from the FX5200... its worth about £40 new and is basically a piece or s***e. If you will be playing games, don't get this. Settle for at least an ATI 9550 minimum.
Also watch out for generic parts that specify loads of features for a low price, often you get what you pay for.

And never buy PCChips motherboards or Q-Tec power supplies!
Sat 16/04/05 at 10:59
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
There are many shops and websites you can visit, but as they said on Little Britain: ''Don't you think your being a bit specific....?
Sat 16/04/05 at 01:13
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that you won't get that for under £700 ready made.

Built it may be a bit less though.
Fri 15/04/05 at 13:12
Thu 14/04/05 at 12:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Alexrose1uk wrote:
> Some of the bits you have specced are rubbish. FX5200<---crud, skt
> 754 AMD64 <---replaced
>
> You could build a far better system cheaper.

I wouldnt discount socket 754 so readily, when the Turion CPU's are released i imagine the platform will see quite a popularity boost.
Thu 14/04/05 at 12:14
Regular
What will the PC be used for?

If it's a gaming PC then a self build is a much better option than buying it from a shop (or dell).
Thu 14/04/05 at 10:27
Wed 13/04/05 at 19:34
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Some of the bits you have specced are rubbish. FX5200<---crud, skt 754 AMD64 <---replaced

You could build a far better system cheaper.
Wed 13/04/05 at 18:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
[URL]http://www.dealtime.co.uk[/URL]
Wed 13/04/05 at 18:44
Regular
"Bicycle"
WTF?

You've blatantly just copied this from, oh, say, Dell.

Do you even know what half of this means? Why do you specify that you want an "Xplode" case? And why do you only want those specs?

Also, some of that is software...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.