GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ADSL speed ... ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/04/05 at 12:42
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I applied to Pipex for my connection to be upgraded to 2Mb, but BT said the line couldn't handle it. :^(

So I applied for 1Mb ... which became active today. :^)

But, according to my router I'm getting "2272 Kbps downstream". :^|

Am I being stupid or is that 2Mb? :^S
Thu 14/04/05 at 10:09
Regular
I was having trouble with my regrade to 2 mb connection, following a BT visit yesterday it would seem that I do have a 2.2 connection, however the engineer could get speeds of 1700 plus on his laptop, through his USB modem but when we connected the router back in the speed when back down to 1100! Freeola are sending me a replacement Router to try and see if that resolves my problem.
Wed 13/04/05 at 15:11
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Righto.

Cheers.
Wed 13/04/05 at 14:49
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Basically BT have switched you over to 2mb at the exchange and Pipex have throttled you to 1mb at their end.

The reason you were rejected for 2mb I suspect is because they used the bt checker which if you are on the fringe of 2mb will reject you.

Keep an eye on your speeds though if things start to be unpredictable (connection drops, low speeds) you may need to contact Pipex to get a BT engineer to set your speed to 1mb at the exchange which should give you are more stable connectiom.
Wed 13/04/05 at 14:01
Regular
"NULL"
I have also just upgraded to the aforementioned 1Mb connection, and I've been doing various speed tests, all of which have been coming out at just OVER 1024kbps :S

I did a download to test though, and I was getting about 120kB/s so that's all good :)
Wed 13/04/05 at 13:14
Regular
That's quite odd.

1Mb should show around about 1024 down, 256 up.

Still, 2Mb should only show around 2048 down, 256 up (for most services).
Wed 13/04/05 at 13:02
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Just done a few online speed tests and they all come in at 1Mbps or just under.

Oh, well.
Wed 13/04/05 at 12:50
Regular
Certainly looks like 2Mb to me :|
Wed 13/04/05 at 12:42
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I applied to Pipex for my connection to be upgraded to 2Mb, but BT said the line couldn't handle it. :^(

So I applied for 1Mb ... which became active today. :^)

But, according to my router I'm getting "2272 Kbps downstream". :^|

Am I being stupid or is that 2Mb? :^S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.